X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Interface Issues

Hello,

Request:

1) That all windows open to the monitor with focus / mouse. On multiple monitors windows like Historical Data open to the base (native) monitor on the system. In my case that is a fast laptop, but I have three other monitors, one of which is my primary display.

2) The Control Center does not start up in the last position (on multiple monitors) and size at the last shutdown.

3) On Historical Data / Load / Get Market Replay Data I would like to see it like this:

line 1

INSTRUMENT LIST (Dropdown) / DATE

line 2

INSTRUMENT (DropDown of INSTRUMENT LIST) / DOWNLOAD BUTTON

This would reduce the number of mouse moves/clicks and simplify the task of daily downloads for multiple instruments.

4) Ninja 8 does not function well with a tool I use to manage multiple windows on multiple monitors....Maxto / maxto.net. Ninja 8 is the ONLY application I have that does not work with this excellent tool. Ninja 7 works fine. Can you please fix this (I asked before...). The problem is when moving a window manually or sometimes with the Maxto hotkeys, or maximizing or reducing the window, the contents of the window go black, making it completely unusable. I have to shut Ninja 8 down and restart it. No other way to recover.

5) I only trade Futures, and only certain ones. I only need one instrument list. I would like to delete all the other instrument lists that come with Ninja 8. I can do this on Ninja 7 but not Ninja 8. All those I don't need are just clutter.

I am glad to see so many improvements in Ninja 8 over Ninja 7. Still, there are some rough edges.

Many thanks.

Hello,
    Thanks for your post.

Since you have multiple requests here I am going to answer them line by line.

1) Please clarify on this one for me. Do you mean that you want your entire workspace to open on the screen that your mouse is currently on while opening NinjaTrader?

2) For the issue where your Control Center does not start up in the same position that you saved it in...Would you mind attaching your workspace file to your reply so that I may try and reproduce this on my end? Also, what resolution are the monitors that you are using?

Numbers 3 ,4, and 5 are all great suggestions. I will submit these as feature requests to our Development team and will report back with tracking numbers for these items when they are created.

I look forward to your reply.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

clarify

Hello,

Thank you.

To clarify items 1 and 2:

Resolution

I would like the workspaces to open exactly in the same position (multi monitor displays) as when they were closed/saved.

In the case of NT8, that means, control center, all charts, market analyzers, and including the NinjaScript Editor, Output windows, etc.

Then, the auxilary windows, such as Tools should open on the screen where the focus/mouse is..

Tools/Historical Data is opening on the native monitor, not the monitor with focus/mouse. Same with NinjaScript editor, which in this case, spans two monitors, causing me to have to manually move both to my working display.

Historical Data is the tool I use the most...but now that I check the other Tools, many of them do open on the monitor with focus/mouse.

If this is not clear I can make a multi-display video, and also send any files you need. But, I think you can reproduce this?

In addtion to MaxTo, that I mentioned, I also use Dexpot.

Maxto allows me to easily manage multiple windows on one screen.

And Dexpot allows me to have multiple (virtual) desktops on the same machine.

Both are excellent tools.

As mentioned, Ninja 8 is the only application I have that has problems with the Window contents disappearing. The Windows frame stays but only that...the inside of the windows is completely black....

Thanks

Comment

Resolution on all monitors 1920x1080

With Maxto I create 4 virtual window zones/spaces on each monitor. With a hot key I can maximize one of these to full screen (to zoom in), and then to zoom out (send back to 1/4 screen), another hot key.

With Dexpot I have Ninja on the first virtual desktop, and other things I might toggle to on other virtual desktops.

(I'm still in production with NT 7 but am porting to NT8)

Ninja 7 has no problem with this setup, but NT 8 does....probably NT 8 is doing non-standard Windows stuff...because it is the only application that has the problem mentioned.

Comment

The reference numbers for your feature requests are as follows:
          1&2) SFT-2948
          3) SFT-2943
          4) SFT-2848
          5) SFT-1743
          Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM