X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay

Hi,

Im running into two issues,

1) when i go to market replay the replay clock automatically goes to 2/13/18 and even if i change it to the correct date it doesn't actually change and when i press play nothing is happening.

2) when i do get replay to work there is always a very very large gap in date ( im using tick charts ) normally from 12/15/17 to the current day.

Any idea how to get rid of these?

I am using NT7

Also is it possible to download multiple days instead of doing one at a time?

Thank you for all the help

Hello minip,

Thank you for your post.

Replay download only allows for one day at a time.

1. If you right in the Replay Controller > select Available Data can you then attach a screenshot of the Available Data to your response as well as the Replay Controller?

2. Are you using a Live License Key or a Simulation License Key? You can check this under Help > About. DO NOT post your License Key here on the NinjaTrader Support Forum.
    Can you also attach a screenshot of the chart to your response with the gap?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello minip,

Thank you for your post.

Replay download only allows for one day at a time.

1. If you right in the Replay Controller > select Available Data can you then attach a screenshot of the Available Data to your response as well as the Replay Controller?

2. Are you using a Live License Key or a Simulation License Key? You can check this under Help > About. DO NOT post your License Key here on the NinjaTrader Support Forum.
      Can you also attach a screenshot of the chart to your response with the gap?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I couldn't get the chart to gap up like it usually does but you can see that it will not load like it is supposed to.
      If possible i would like to not delete the platform and install again due to the fact i have a ton of indicators saved.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello minip,

Thank you for your response.

Please go to the following directory on your PC: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db. Please then delete the 'cache' and 'replay' folders. Once complete restart NinjaTrader and then download new Replay data and advise if the behavior continues.

Comment

Hello minip,

Please go to the following directory on your PC: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db. Please then delete the 'cache' and 'replay' folders. Once complete restart NinjaTrader and then download new Replay data and advise if the behavior continues.

it appears to be working to an extent, when first loaded it still come up to the 2/13/17 time frame.

Does the cache need to be deleted every so often ?

And another question, i am working on an automated strategy before i would always download multiple days and then replay them. Is there a better way to be doing this?

thank you for all the help!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello minip,

It seems you still have data for the 2/13/2017 in your Replay folder. If you right click on the Replay Controller and select Available Data do you still see the data listed for 2/13/2017?

There should be no issue in the way you are running Replay or the strategy.
            The cache should automatically clear itself unless data is corrupted in it's folder.

Comment

Hello minip,

It seems you still have data for the 2/13/2017 in your Replay folder. If you right click on the Replay Controller and select Available Data do you still see the data listed for 2/13/2017?

There should be no issue in the way you are running Replay or the strategy.
              The cache should automatically clear itself unless data is corrupted in it's folder.

I am assuming this is the information you and talking about ? (below)
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello minip,

Please shut down NinjaTrader and go back to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db > then delete the 'data' folder and restart NinjaTrader. You will then need to download new Market Replay data.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello minip,

Please shut down NinjaTrader and go back to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db > then delete the 'data' folder and restart NinjaTrader. You will then need to download new Market Replay data.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
                  PatrickH I don't know if anyone has told you this today but you're the bee's knee's of the ninjatrader support forum.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
                  Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes