Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest NinjaTrader 8

Hi,

I am backtesting some strategies that I have programmed in NinjaTrader. However, I am in a demo account, I would like to know if the results, which the backtest throws are reliable, taking into account the aforementioned that I have a demo account.
    Additionally, I tried to load my historical data for CL, I have the format that NinjaTrader requires and it appears to me that the data was correctly imported, but when I upload the chart and my backtest, these data do not appear.

Regards,
    Richard Martinez

Hello Richardmm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Concerning the backtest accuracy please visit the following link on discrepancies between realtime and historical/backtesting performance: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ime_vs_bac.htm

For the Historical CL data can you detail what expiry month you are using? Example: CL 03-18.
    Can you detail what dates the imported data is for and what data type (Tick, Minute, Day) was imported?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Yes, I visited the link but my question is ¿Does exist any different between backtest in demo account and backtest in real NinjaTrader account?

In the file attached, i sent the format. the data start in January 2017 to June 2017. The data imported was tick by tick and I generated minute and day bars.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Richardmm,

Thank you for your response.

The Backtest will not differ based on account as account has no factor in a Backtest. Backtests are performed on historical data though, so any difference in that historical data can cause differences.

The data you imported was imported under an new Stock named CL. Please refer to the following link on the proper naming convention for your file when importing: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndDataFormats

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH