Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting basic OHLC indicator.

Hi,

I'm looking for a basic OHLC indicator. I would like it to plot horizontal lines for the

- Open
    - High
    - Low
    - Close

For each trading day session. For tomorrow/current live day, I'd like it to plot the Open and current High/Low with the horizontal lines projecting to the right at the end of the session. I use the US Equities RTH 09:30-16:00 session.

Preferrably, but not a strict requirement, I'd also like it to color code the high/low lines based on whether the high or low comes first on the day. If low before high = green; If high before low = red.

I'm attaching a picture.

Could anyone help me with this project or possibly refer me to someone who could?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hello Johnny,

Have you tried using the CurrentDayOHL indicator that is included with NinjaTrader?

Was this not able to achieve your needs?

I'm not aware of any script that is able to predict tomorrows prices.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

No, Current Day OHL does not fulfill my needs.

Haha. I have not asked about predicting tomorrow's prices.

If you look at the picture attached, it merely plots the OHLC for each trading day.

Can you guys recommend a programmer then...?

Comment

Hello Johnny,

This is Chris responding on behalf of my colleague, Chelsea.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!
        You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.

Comment

OHLC price moving up or down

Hi

Is there an indicator to say whether price is moving up or down when a OHLC bar closes? If not I guess this could be done by looking at a lower time frame or maybe determining if the high or the low has been set first. Appreciate thoughts.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Slide588,

I'm not quite sure I understand.

The OHLC chart style is set by default to show red for bars where the open is greater than the close (meaning the price was going down) and green for bars where the open is less than the close (meaning the price was going up).

Are you finding the colors are not adequate for your needs?

I'm not aware of an indicator that marks if bar is an up or a down bar, however, you may be able to create this.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. I code in C# and have found the NT documentation useful. I understand OHLC bars but wanted to know whether price is moving up or down when the bar closes. This isn't apparent from an individual bar.

I'm thinking now that the best way to do this is to examine price over a smaller time window leading up to the original bar close then draw an arrow to say if price was going up or down by comparing the open and close over that smaller time window. Wondered if anyone had coded this into an indicator.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Slide588,

Are you talking about the OHLC chart style?
                I assumed when you said 'whether price is moving up or down when a OHLC bar closes' you meant a bar on the chart when using the OHLC chart style, is this correct?

When using the OHLC chart style, for each individual bar:

If the price was moving down when the bar closed the bar will be red. The notch on the left (the open) will be higher than the notch on the right (the close).

If the price was moving up when the the bar closed the bar will be green. The notch on the left (the open) will be lower than the notch on the right (the close).

Attached is a screenshot that illustrates.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                3 responses
                1 like
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                4 responses