Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time zones and session templates

Hi Patrick

I use a commercial technique in my trading that compares prices for the different sessions over different time frames. Sorry to be vague, suffice to say that I need to compare price at the open and close of the same session at the same time over days, months and years. eg I want to compare the price of the open of the 6am CST oil pit throughout the year.

I live in Western Australia and use NT7. version 7.0.1000.37. Without being able to adjust for US daylight saving of course the technique does not work. My laptop is set to Perth time i.e GMT+8. I don't know what version NT is set to, how may I change this? I did have the session template set up for Perth time then tried setting for CST time but notice sometimes this is 14 hours behind me, sometimes 15 and the price bar data wasn't correct. This is compared to CQG data who allow setting of the time zone and a button to account for daylight savings.

I only need accurate price bar data that conforms to the CST session times throughout the years. Am happy to use NT8.

My laptop is used for work so setting it to CST time is clearly unacceptable.

How may this issue be resolved?

Thanks, Stephen

I've moved your question to the NinjaTrader 7 forums as the other post was regarding NinjaTrader 8 behavior.

NinjaTrader 7 uses the time zone that your PC is set to.

There is no way to independently control your time zone settings separately from your PC in NinjaTrader 7.

I would recommend switching to NinjaTrader 8 which would give you the ability to switch NinjaTrader 8 only (not you PC) to your desired time zone which includes Daylight Saving Time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    170 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80  
    Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Irukandji