Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic stop loss in Chart trader?

Hello,
    I would like to ask you for help. For my trades I am using price action (just price graph with no indicators). I am placing my orders in Chart trader, always wit defined profit target and stop loss... I leave the market to hit profit target or stop loss. I have only one condition - if profit target is not hit in 3 bars since entry ( I am using 5 min bars, so in 15 mins since entry), I am placing my stop loss 2 ticks under low of last bar... I am doing this manually, but I would like to find how to do it automatically, that I do not have to sit in front of the graph.

I know it will be easy to build an automated strategy, but I am not using any indicators for entry. I place orders near supports and resistances which I see by eye...So basically is there any way that I can manually place order and setup automatic stop loss which will be triggered after 3 bars (15 mins)? Thank you very much for your answer.

Hello Tomass,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to use the ATM Strategy feature to accomplish this. However, there isn't an option to use time or number of bars as a parameter. You would have the option of using ticks, price and percent. In the ATM Strategy drop down menu, select custom to create an ATM Strategy.

Here is the ATM Strategy Help Guide to assist you further.

Here are our tutorials on ATM which will explain the details of using ATM in NinjaTrader.

ATM 201 Semi-Automated Strategies - NinjaTrader 7 Training - YouTube

ATM Level II
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a recording of our live "Advanced Trade Management Level 2" webinar covering the topics:...

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes