Not connecting to google or yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not connecting to google or yahoo

I am new to day trading and was recommended to ninja trader to "hone" my new skillset. However, I have yet to fund a brokerage account would like to connect to google or yahoo to practice live trading. I went through the connection guide but nothing happens when I "connect" to either one. Could someone help me figure out what step I am missing?

Oh...and I am looking to trade on the E-mini S&P if that makes a difference.

Thank you
    Last edited by jetescamilla; 02-11-2011, 03:02 PM.

Hello jetescamilla,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Does it light up green in the lower left corner of control center? What instrument and interval are you viewing?

Yahoo and Google are for equities only. You can use the free kinetick end of day connection for daily ES data. Click File > Connect > Kinetick End of Day (Free)
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response

Yes it does light up green. So I can only "simulate" after the market closes with kinect? How about if I had an open account with vision financial? Would I then be able to live simulate?

Comment

Yes, the free connection to Kinetick is only updated end of day, so will not really be suitable for real time sim trading.

Yes, you can connect your Vision account to NinjaTrader for sim trading:

Comment

Ok so I can connect to kinetic (after hours) and I get the green light in the bottom left hand corner but I get nothing that shows movement in the pricing (bid/ask, etc...) in the top left.

Please bear with me as I am very new to ninja trader and just looking to get some experience.

So I am trying to mess around with simulating trading the Mini S&P so from the drop down I should select Type: futures and then the Name should be ES, correct? What is the purpose of the drop down to the right of Name? Currently it has 03-11 in it.

Is there another button I am missing that I have to push to start the simulated trading day?

Thanks

Comment

Are you connecting to the free end of day Kinetick connection or you have setup a subscription?

Comment

I am trying to use the free end of day kinect

Comment

The free kinetick connection will not show real time movement. It is updated only on delayed end of day basis and for daily and higher only. In order to show real time movement, you must subscribe. More information is available at www.kinetick.com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes