Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google connector problem

Hi,

I want to use Google Finance EOD feed for stocks traded on Euronext Amsterdam, but it doesn't seems to work at all. I tried selecting "Aeb", "Aex" exchange and entering "AMS:CORA", "CORA" in symbol map for Google in all possible combinations, nothing seems to work. Here is the link of the stock:

No other stock can be loaded either.

On the network I see that NT tries to get data from using this url:

ie exchange name is added to the symbol. I think this is a bug since for example Yahoo connector is not that "smart". I am using NT 7.0.1000.7

Please, either fix Google connector or add Ams exchange (and all other supported by Google Finance exchange symbols) to the list of exchanges.

Regards,

Alexander

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for reporting.

I will forward your feedback to support stocks traded on Euronext Amsterdam and all other Google symbols to development to insert it in our tracking system for possible future enhancements.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your suggestion to support all Google symbols has been added to our tracking system. It has been assigned to ID# 1267.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Comment

Hi. I was wondering if this suggestion has been implemented (ID# 1267).

Comment

Hello Khalid,

Unfortunately this suggestion has not been implemented - it is still on the list of possible enhancements.

Comment

Hello,

Currently I'm evaluating Ninjatrader focusing on european stock traded on Euronext with End Of Day data. After several issues with Kinetick I'm exploring other data providers such as Yahoo and Google and I'm suffering this issue to with Google.

Until now I'm not able to get a valid chart for ASML for example. Kinetick only recognizes the symbol traded on the NASDAQ which is in USD of course, and with google the same problem as mentioned above occurs.

At this point I don't feel confident at all about using Ninjatrader in the future. But I'm am sure I'm doing something wrong myself.

Reagrds,
            Stef

Comment

Hello Stef,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the ASML and click Edit. Check what exchanges are enabled. Please enable the Default exchange and the exchange where the stock trades.

Remove and re-add the ASML to your instrument list now that it uses a different settings. Instructions can be found at the following link.

Click OK in the Instrument Manager and create a new chart. Check if data is loaded as expected.

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your reply! I did what you suggested but without success.

I completely removed the instrument from the instrument manager and created it again with the following properties:

On the difinition tab:
                Master instrument: ASML
                Type: Stock
                Tick size: 0.01
                Currency: Euro
                Margin: 0
                Merge Pol: USGlobal
                Session Template: Euronext CET Index futures RTH
                Exchanges: default, NYSE

On the Misc tab:
                Symbol map:

Yahoo: ASML.AS (looked up at: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ASML.AS&ql=0)
                Kinetick: ASML (looked up at: https://www.kinetick.com/support#Symbol-Search)
                Google: AMS:ASML (looked up at: https://www.google.com/finance?q=AMS...UfDmF-KnwAOxcw)

Connecting to Yahoo shows a chart with data until 26-04-2013.

Connecting to Kinetic show a chart with an end price of 76.22 which indicates it is showing the NASDAQ stock instead of the Euronext Amsterdam stock which closed at € 58.55 yesterday.

Connecting to google results in an error. The message is that Ninjatrader was unable to load data from google for the exchange NYSE.

AMSL serves just as an example to illustrate my struggle to get reliable EOD data for dutch stock traded Euronext Amsterdam.

Comment

Can you please assign the Aex exchange instead of the Nyse and check if this will load data as expected.

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the response.

Should this work for Kinetick or Google? I've got a feeling we are just guessing what the correct settings should be. I will try it at the end of the day when I'm at my private computer.

Comment

When I test it on my end, it only works for Yahoo. I do not get data when I try Google or Kinetick.

Comment

Yes that is exactly my point. It only works with yahoo but they are not up to date.

Comment

Kinetick lists the exchange as NGSM for the ASML. I am not sure what exchange is referred by this abbreviation.

I tried Google with AMS:ASML and ASML as symbol map, but it does not load data. The suggestion to support all Google stocks is on the list of possible future enhancements.

Unfortunately, I am not sure why Yahoo does not provide the last few days. I load data up to 4/26/2013. The instrument is setup correctly for Yahoo or else no data would be loaded at all.

Comment

So... I try also download data from Google and not have it possible.

Instruments in US ok, but some others no, like this:
                            ELI:PPP
                            And... I put in Instrument manager in menu and in "symbol map" in line google i put this name "ELI:PPP"...

And perhaps this a problem commom in this thread.
                            It is because the problem ":"?
                            Some suggestion?

Comment

Hello,

I'd recommend checking the settings which you are using against what Google Finance shows on their site for this instrument.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes