importing LSE symbols with interactive brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing LSE symbols with interactive brokers

I'm just wondering whether there is a quick way to import multiple LSE symbols into NT with interactive brokers as the data feed.

The problem I have found is that you have to have the stock in the format (using GSK as an example) GSK|LSE to get it to work with Interactive brokers. However if you try to import via the usual means of utilities > import stock symbol list, then it comes up with an error if you use the ending |LSE. Thus the only way I've found is to go into instrument editor and change the interactive broker symbol map manually.

Obviously this isn't going to be time effective if I want to import a load in at once, so is there another way to do it that I am missing?

thanks

Hello*oxford whale,

Unfortunately, it is not possible using Interactive Brokers due to their symbol mapping requirements.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello!

Is this function still not available?
      Thanks in advance for responding!

Comment

I think that in general should be great to creat something in ninjatrader database that we chose a stocks exchange for ecample LSE stocks exchange or MTA stock Exchange and automatically all stocks are insert and setup with right tick valure, bigpoint value in Ninjatrader database.
        This is very usefull because let the database very light and If the customers need to add many stock for excanche he could do in very quickly.

ATTENTION IB API gives all information.
        Interactivebroker API give all information for the instrument, so we do not to add manually a setup and this is a very good things.
        Now if with NT7 or NT 8 we want add instrument that is not in database we should add al parameters and setup by hand and sometimes this cause mistakes.
        Regards.
        Last edited by bomberone3; 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I've submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2862. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Also following this thread! Would be great to be able to import lists of UK equities, especially FTSE100 and FTSE250

Comment

I've added your vote to SFT-2862, Skotten84

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post frankthearm  
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
              2 responses