Machine ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID

I just did a clean install of NT8 (after talking with tech support). I have the same machine ID but yet I'm getting the error message from the indicators I'm trying to use. I spoke with the vendor and he states that the my machine ID is still authorized (but yet it's not working).

Is it possible to generate a new machine ID?

Thanks.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please respond via email to the tech you were most recently working with so we may address your issue with more specific information.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

The tech was Kate. Problem is since I've reinstalled NT I can't get the indicators to work (pay product). I've been in touch with the programmer and he states that the machine ID is authorized but yet I get the error message. The pic is attached.

Thanks.

Hello Terry,
      Thank you for your time today.
      On our call we took a look at your NinjaTrader installation as it has been intermittently freezing up on you when restarting. My suggestion would be a complete uninstall/reinstall, then reimporting only the indicators you are currently using regularly.
      Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
      • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
      • Close all running applications.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
      • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
      • Reboot your PC.
      • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Sincerely,
      Kate
      NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Segwin; 09-17-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

With the information I have in the forums, it seems as if the products are not registered correctly. I would recommend uninstalling then reinstalling the add-ons as a test.

I would highly recommend that you contact the developer for their instructions on how to remove, download, and add their product, however, here are general steps:
        • Indicators/strategies can come as packages called 'assemblies'. If you've installed indicators/strategies using a .exe file instead of importing it using a .zip file it is most likely an assembly and will need to be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
        • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' folder > Right click on the indicator you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all indicators/strategies you wish to remove.

Beyond that advice, we would need to continue this conversation via email so I can work with you on a more detailed level. Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread.

Comment

I did uninstall and reinstall the zip but it still doesn't register.

Will continue via email.

Thanks.

Comment

Did you create a license ID, originally, using 3rd party licensing? If so you need to recreate ID exactly as it was before. Right now your raw machine ID is being compared to your created ID on the ninja licensing servers and doesn't match. Ignore this advice if you never created an ID for the indicators.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

This probably won't help you now but a warning for others. I don't use any third party indicators that require a machine ID, I use a DELL laptop for trading, the BIOS gets updated quite frequently from DELL.
              Consequently the machine ID changes after each update, I then have to go to the 3rd party developer to re-register my indicator. The 3rd party developer then demands USD$10 to re-register with a different ID.
              I suggest anyone purchasing from a 3rd party developer that they check if they do charge. Even then that's no guarantee they won't change the policy at a future date as happened to me.
              I don't use any 3rd party indicators at all now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elderan