Suspend trading around major news releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspend trading around major news releases

I want to pause trading around major news releases, based on the following list (or a similar one):

Forex Factory is where professional traders connect to the forex markets, and to each other.

Is there a neat built-in NJ pattern?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am unaware of anything that is for specifically the site provided that is already made.

I reviewed the site, but it appears that there was no mention of any sort of public API's. If you have a login to the site, you could check if there are any further options on the site related to "Public API". If the site includes some sort of api, in theory this data could be used in NinjaTrader by NinjaScript programming. Often websites offer an API for outside programs to interact with, if this site has that feature it could likely be used in a NinjaScript strategy. I mention this in the case that you locate this information, you could likely have the item developed for you by a third party.

If any community members know of anything more specific, please feel free to answer this further.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would be a neat addition, wouldn't it? But why would I need a third party? I could just as well implement it myself. And if they don`t offer a REST API, how about writing an html parser using xPath queries or something like that ?

Comment

Hello,

You are free to develop anything you wish, I had only mentioned a third party as not everyone is capable of creating their own scripts.

NinjaTrader uses C# programming language and is focused around allowing users to create the tools they need. The platform its self only comes with some specific tools and indicators. If you are able to create the item yourself, you certainly could so long as what you want to do is possible using C#.

Please let me know if i may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am unaware of anything that is for specifically the site provided that is already made.

I reviewed the site, but it appears that there was no mention of any sort of public API's. If you have a login to the site, you could check if there are any further options on the site related to "Public API". If the site includes some sort of api, in theory this data could be used in NinjaTrader by NinjaScript programming. Often websites offer an API for outside programs to interact with, if this site has that feature it could likely be used in a NinjaScript strategy. I mention this in the case that you locate this information, you could likely have the item developed for you by a third party.

If any community members know of anything more specific, please feel free to answer this further.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          Perhaps this is what you need from Download section:

Cheers!
          Last edited by aligator; 07-15-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I would like to add a Pause feature request for NT7 that includes a Control Center Strategy Tab option(s) for added strategies replacing: Enable/ Disable checkbox with "Enable/Pause/Disable" pulldown Option. Alternatively, the options could be: "Pause/Reset" where reset would reinitialize or reload the script.

This would be an improvement feature for addressing temporary news generated volatility or allowing user to override automated trading. Currently, the only alternative that I know about is to shut down NT7 then restart NT7 it after the event.
            Last edited by borland; 07-16-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH