Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

QQE Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQE Indicator

QQE is posted in the Indicator download section.

Can anyone add an UP and DOWN arrow on Panel 1 for an RSI line cross above or below the 50 level in Panel 2?

Hello rtj4201,

Here's a snippet to get you started on this:

Code:

if (CrossAbove(RSI(14, 3), 50, 1))
    DrawArrowUp("ArrowUp" + CurrentBar, true, 0, Low[0] - TickSize, Color.Red);
    That line will draw an up arrow if, within the last bar, the RSI(14,3) Crosses Above 50.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx for getting me started.

One more question:

QQE allows for input on the RSI period and ATR period. How would I do that without having to go back and change the code every time I redid
      the periods?

Comment

You will need to add code in two places for each input to have public properties you can adjust.

In the "Variables" region (near the top):
        Code:

private int rsi_Period = 14; //Default setting for rsi_Period
        In the "Properties" region (near the bottom):

Code:

[Description("")]
        [Category("Parameters")]
        public int RSI_Period
        {
        get { return rsi_Period; }
        set { rsi_Period = Math.Max(1, value); }
        }
        You need that entire block above for each input. Note that capitalization is particular. It may be easier to create these inputs using the New Indicator wizard and then copying / pasting into the indicator you would like to change.

Once you have created these public inputs, place "RSI_Period" in place of the number 14. Using the snippet from earlier, it would be:
        Code:

if (CrossAbove(RSI(RSI_Period, 3), 50, 1))
        DrawArrowUp("ArrowUp" + CurrentBar, true, 0, Low[0] - TickSize, Color.Red);

Comment

QQE with 2 ATR plots

How would I add a second ATR value of the RSI and plot it? I sincerely apologize for my obvious lack of programming ability .. working on it. Thanks ever so much.

Comment

Hello Wi!s0n,

You can do this in NinjaTrader 7 without custom programming.

When you apply in indicator to a chart you can choose the input series. Simply apply ATR and then specify the input series as RSI.

NinjaTrader 7 can be downloaded here.

If you would like to custom program this in NT6.5, see the following help guide tutorial for creating indicator on indicator.

Comment

Thanks Ryan, however, another version of the QQE had 2 trailing stops of the EMA of the RSI, each a different Fib multiple of the ATR. I was hoping to get directions on how to amend the script to include a second variable/plot for another trailing stop. Instead of just the 4.236 ATR, add a 2.618 ATR of the EMA of the RSI. The parameters would then be an RSI period and 2 smoothing factors, one for each of the ATR Fib multiples.

Comment

Hello Wi!son,

You can use the principles from the tutorial to create indicator on indicators. You can also use the Strategy Wizard to create in a point and click interface to help get the right syntax for this.

If you'd like these changes done for you, can consider hiring a 3rd party NinjaScript consultant.

If you'd like some help constructing this, share your progress with us and let us know what it's doing.

Comment

I had QQE indicator for NT 7, but my system crashed n i lost it. i went to indicator forum to download it but it is not there anymore. I m not a programmer n i dont know how to build an indicator. But i depend on this indicator so much. So my humble request to all the programmers if someone can build this n put this in download forum for me. i ll be hugely thankful to u.

Comment

Qqe

Hope this helps...

QQE.zip

Comment

Thanks alot!!! this is what i was looking for. again thanks.. you r awesome.

Comment

Has anyone been able to program an alert in the market analyzer for QQE. I've had a devil of a time doing it because you can't select the slow moving line it HAS to be a discrete numeric value which is kind of useless. I've also tried other things like creating an ATR indicator using RSI data but it just isn't the same. Anyone with some suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo boss View Post
                          Has anyone been able to program an alert in the market analyzer for QQE. I've had a devil of a time doing it because you can't select the slow moving line it HAS to be a discrete numeric value which is kind of useless. I've also tried other things like creating an ATR indicator using RSI data but it just isn't the same. Anyone with some suggestions?
                          First of all, here is a link to an advanced open code version of the QQE, also see chart attached.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

I assume that you wish to create an alert in case that the smoothed RSI of the QQE crosses the (slow) trigger from above or below. The obvious solution would be to add a BoolSeries to the indicator code, let us call it "upTrend" and have

-> upTrend[0] = true, when smoothed RSI > slow trigger
                          -> upTrend[0] = false, when smoothed RSI < slow trigger
                          -> upTrend[0] = upTrend[1], when smoothed RSI = slow trigger

The problem is that neither the strategy builder nor the market analyzer can access the values of a BoolSeries. Therefore you have two options

(1) You add a new transparent plot to the QQE, which displays the number of bars for the current trend (for example + 5 means that the current bar is the 5th bar of the current uptrend, or -3 means that the current bar is the 3rd bar of the current downtrend). This allows you to define a cell condition when the plot value is +1.0 or -1.0. (When variables of type double have undergone calculations, they cannot be checked for equality, but it usually works, when the input values are not modified).

(2) You create a new indicator, the QQE trendcount, which only has a single output value, which holds the number of bars of the current trend as explained above, You can then directly use that indicator with the market analyzer to define the alerts. Attached is a screenshot for such an indicator. An acoustic alert can be triggered for a new uptrend or downtrend.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Harry; 09-01-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Hello Hugo boss,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

If you are interested in creating alerts for a custom indicator you can look into editing the indicator (Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator) and adding the Alert() method into the indicator code for your desired alert. For information on the Alert() method please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../nt7/alert.htm

And thank to Harry for providing details on this matter!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi guys, i rely on this QQE indicator a lot. I have it for NT 7 but can someone make it compatible fot NT 8. I ll really appriciate. Thx

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              168 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80  
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred