Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can someone help me for making this Simple INDICATOR Ninjascript for Ninjatrader 8 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me for making this Simple INDICATOR Ninjascript for Ninjatrader 8 ?

I don't have knowledge of coding / I want to use ninjatrader 8 but I am completely stuck bcoz I don't have these Indicators / I want to use Ninjatrader 8 only for TECH ANALYSIS LEARNING.

I will appreciate if you can help me out in this.

Right now I am looking for 2 basic Indicators :

Indicator 1: Crossover Indicator :
    Crossover Indicator which plots arrows / etc when there is a crossover between 2 lines of a indicator plotted on chart
    I want to use it for :
    EMA
    Soch
    SMI
    RSI
    MACD
    or any other indicator plotted on chart

and

Indicator 2: Level Cutting/Crossing Up/ Down Indicator :
    Level Cutting/Crossing Up/ Down Indicator which plots arrows / etc when indicator plotted on chart cuts/crosses Level Up/Down ( USER INPUT LEVEL )
    I want to use it for :
    Stoch
    SMI
    RSI
    MACD
    or any other indicator plotted on chart
    This will be used for OBOS for:
    Stoch level 80 20 50 / SMI 40 40 0 / RSI 70 30 50
    and
    MACD 0 line cutting/crossing

ALSO FYI :

FYI...rite now using 1 indicator for crossover and 1 indicator for crossing level in a indian co. software gives results for all...Can this be done in ninjatrader 8 ?

so we don't need diff ones for all indicators...just 1 indicator crossover and 1 indicator crossing level upward /downward does all the work.

if we have plotted any indicator on chart then it lets us select from dropdown menu...no need to enter parameters( any numericals ) for any of the indicators...just select the indicator foo crossover.

same is for crossing level ( OBOS )

Do let me know if this can be done in NINJATRADER 8 ?

Looking forward for your support.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kashyapjdave; 03-22-2017, 12:39 AM.

Hello kashyapjdave,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

For your understanding, in the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients.

To create an indicator as you have described would require custom coding. As you are not a programmer we can provide references to 3rd party vendors who would be able to create what you are looking for.

Alternatively, you can create a strategy that only provides the indication needed. A strategy can be created using the strategy builder to create the conditions and actions you seek and it is done through a nonprogramming interface. Here is a link to the helpguide concerning the strategy builder: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...gy_builder.htm

Additionally, here are video references for the strategy builder:
    Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgC...ature=youtu.be
    Here is a recording of our webinar on strategy builder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...WXkWe0Nf&t=25s

If you would like to attend the free live training on Ninjatrader 8, here is a link to the education section of the website: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    1 response
    0 likes