NinjaTrader Widows Forced Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Widows Forced Shutdown

I presently run NinjaTrader 7 and 8 (soon to be exclusively 8 once all my indicators are converted) on a Windows 10 platform. Windows 10, Office 365 and Ninjatrader is the only software on this dedicated system

I had an active trade running when windows 10 decided to do a forced update, without any warning. The screen went orange and was locked at 10%, updating forever.

Is there a way that I can prevent windows 10 from doing forced updates and reboots? I saw a place where I can tell it to do it during certain times of the night, but when it does - the system returns logged off with ninjatrader not executed.

I would prefer that updates download and message me when they are available and I initiate the update when I am ready. It used to do that in the past before windows 10, but windows 10 doesn't even give me a warning.

Hello jeliner,

Thank you for your post,

Sorry to hear this happened. Unfortunately, recent Windows 10 updates have removed most features that allow you to completely stop the updates; marking your connection as a metered connection is the only way to completely stop the automatic updates.

See the below, publicly available link on how to do this:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/stop-win...ating-your-pc/
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You do not have to allow Windows 10 to update whenever it feels like it. This can be stopped via selecting "Metered connection," and you can do this *without* diving in for a registry edit.

Here's the fix:

1) Update to Windows 10 Creators (Windows 10, Version 1703). Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reators-update

2) To set Ethernet connection as metered in Windows 10 Creators Update, do the following.

a) Open Settings.
      b) Go to Network and Internet - Ethernet.
      c) Click the Network icon on the right.
      d) On the next page, enable the option Set as metered connection under "Metered connection".

...and "done."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TraderBCL  
      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
      14 responses
      0 likes