Hard Drive May Be Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Drive May Be Failing

I got a boot error message on starting my computer this morning. To me that is a major sign of a hard drive failure in the works. What I need to know is - If I clone the hard Drive and I mean clone not image, will I be able to take the new hard drive (cloned one) and once I boot from it - go the NT7 open it up and it look and be like my current version on my hard drive with all of my custom indicators? Will all of files be the same, will my machine ID be the same so there will be no licensing issues?

I have no documentation on this exact procedure, but in theory it should work.

I would suggest making a copy of your Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder to an external location (USB stick, for example) if possible. This folder is what contains all things which make NinjaTrader yours (workspaces, connections, indicators. etc.). This can then be copied into a 'new' installation of NinjaTrader to restore all of your files and settings.

Your machine ID will likely change because a fundamental piece of hardware has changed. You'll need to discuss that with your add-on providers at that time.

Moving forward, I would highly recommend using NinjaTrader's built-in backup feature to ensure that no critical NinjaTrader files are lost.

Help guide on backup creation:

By default, this backup will save to the Documents > NinjaTrader Backup folder. However, I recommend saving this backup file to an external location.

Comment

An update to HD issue. I had the new drive Cloned from the failing drive. Everything worked seemlessly. No issues with custom indicators or NinjaTrader on the new HD.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      168 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80  
      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred