Multi colored wicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi colored wicks

Has someone created an indicator that colors the wicks in candle stick charts differently for a falling or rising condition, and would you be willing to share the code for that? See attached image.

sandman
    Attached Files

Hello sandman,

The attached indicator will accomplish your goal. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jessica, the request as I read it is for multi-colored wicks. I think you would have to custom draw the candles such as Heiken Ashi does.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Thank you eDanny, I did miss the differently colored wicks on a single bar. The code I provided will provide differently colored wicks between bars, but a single bar will have e.g. 2 red wicks or 2 blue wicks depending on whether that bar was rising or falling at the time it was created.

I was unable to derive how to do this from the Heiken-Ashi indicator's code, as the HA indicator simply starts each bar off as invisible and then selectively colors them back in. The top and bottom wick are still the same color with HA. I do not believe there is any documented way to get Ninja to display two sets of bars, and I do not believe there is any way to selectively prevent either an up or down wick from displaying. I believe, in order to use HA's approach, I would have to be able to do both these things.

However, I have seen several posts from yourself on the forums, and respect your expertise in this area.

sandman, as far as I know, there is no documented way to get two differently colored wicks onto a single bar. I believe you would need to use the code in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\@BarsTypes.cs to create a custom bar type to accomplish this.

Comment

I see. Thanks Jessica, and thanks eDanny (who's correct about what I am after.)

It's nothing major for the purpose of trading profitably but it just irks me to see a black or grey wick when it could or should have a proper color. Anyway, I'll give it a go then - nothing better than a good challenge now and then

sandman

Comment

From memory, the HA indicator makes the regular bars transparent and calculates the new HA OHLC values and then draws the bars. It would be easy to hijack that code and skip the HA calcs, use the regular OHLC, draw the candles with your own colors, including the individual wicks.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I did not use the HA code but simple Close, Open, High, Low statements with some custom drawing and it worked out: two differently colored wicks within one bar Yep!

Thanks for your input though.

sandman
              Attached Files

Comment

heiken ashi candlestick wick colour

where and how to install this file, it will help to change wick colour of heiken ashi candlesick, please help me , i am using heiken ashi candlestick on black background, i want same colour of wick as up bar or downbar, currently i have heiken ashi indicator installed and there is no option to change colour of up bar wick or down bar wich, how can i change wick colour , please let me know thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your question princenuri. Forums user sandman did not provide a NinjaScript file, and is correct about this requiring custom C# drawing methods which are not directly documented or provided by NinjaTrader. I will leave this message up in case a member of the community would like to provide this assistance.

This said, you can install the file you linked by copying it to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator with NinjaTrader off.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                    Thank you for your question princenuri. Forums user sandman did not provide a NinjaScript file, and is correct about this requiring custom C# drawing methods which are not directly documented or provided by NinjaTrader. I will leave this message up in case a member of the community would like to provide this assistance.

This said, you can install the file you linked by copying it to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator with NinjaTrader off.
                    Thanks for your reply , yes I tried to install the file you linked by copying it to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator with NinjaTrader off, but it's not working , still I can't see any option to change colour of heiken ashi candlestick wick ( colour according to up bar or down bar ) can you please let me know any method to change colours of up/down candle wick ?

Comment

As mentioned before, doing so requires custom drawing methods which we do not distribute with NinjaTrader. You may want to PM forums users in this thread that were able to do this on their own.

Comment

ok, thanks, but i just want to match wick colour with candlestick body, mt4 platform, they have built in heiken ashi indicator and they have this function to do same colour of wick and body, but ninja trader is advance platform but still dont have this option , strange, please check photo attached, hope you understand what i want to say.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello princenuri,

This is Ryan L. from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding on behalf of my colleague Jessica.

If you are looking for custom assemblies in NinjaTrader. you can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Also please keep in mind that NinjaTrader 7 is no longer under active development and no new features will be added to the platform. All new development and feature requests are directed towards the NinjaTrader 8 platform.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
                          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
                            Hello princenuri,

This is Ryan L. from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding on behalf of my colleague Jessica.

If you are looking for custom assemblies in NinjaTrader. you can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Also please keep in mind that NinjaTrader 7 is no longer under active development and no new features will be added to the platform. All new development and feature requests are directed towards the NinjaTrader 8 platform.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
                            ok, thanks, but i checked ninja trader 8 as well, this feature is not available in ninja trader 8, you can add this feature in ninja trader 8, or any other solution waiting for your reply , thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello princenuri,

Thank you for your post,

I can forward a feature request to our development team for futures feature consideration if you would like.

Otherwise, you can try contacting the third party consultants who may be able to assist in creating a custom tool for you.

We look forward to assisting further.
                              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jon17
                              by Jon17