Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stochastic over indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
    Thank you for running this test Harry. I am glad the stop gap code treats the symptom. I am currently working on determining the underlying cause and will return shortly with my findings.
    Sorry, I have not run the modified Stochastics with the stop code, but the original one. I am unable to reproduce the error on my side, but the Stochastics (input version) applied to the RSI works fine on a 5 second chart.

How can I reproduce the problem and create any values below 0 or above 100? What were the exact settings that you used to reproduce it?

Comment

While I am no longer able to see this in the latest build of NinjaTrader, I am including a video with my test scenario.

manugarc, please review this video and let me know if I need to do anything differently to see the same thing that you are seeing on my end.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,

The only difference is that it happens to me on real time, that's why I pointed to race-conditions problems on post #22

Comment

Thank you manugarc. As far as this happening in realtime,

• What date and time did this occur?
          • What instrument were you trading?
          • Who is your data feed provider, if you are not using market replay data?
          • What values did you report?
          • Can you make this happen in realtime using the Playback Connection?

Comment

I'm having to leave right now, but I'll answer every question as soon as I can (basically at any time, SP, CQG).

Comment

While I realize your time is valuable, if you are able this weekend and so that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.
              1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
              2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
              3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
              4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
              5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
              6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.

Comment

I have some more information to report.

With the test scenario I proposed in post #14, including realtime tests over the entire S&P 500, we were unable to produce K and D values below 0 or above 100. You can spawn many copies of a strategy by selecting an instrument list as the instrument to test for a strategy in the strategies tab. While the underlying code for the stochastics indicator has been modified, the tests in post 14 were re-used. These tests previously revealed K and D values out of range, so we can be confident that they are at least partially correct. While you are invited to review these tests, we understand your time is valuable and thank you once again for your report.

Since what you are seeing differs from our results, we must therefore consider what you are seeing unique to your system. Whenever possible, please start a conversation at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1637010 in the subject line of your e-mail, so that we can look more closely at your system in particular.

Thank you once again for using NinjaTrader 8 and for your report.

Comment

Hi Jessica,

Since you have been able to reproduce it previously, I don't think it's something unique to my system (I run it in a number of machines), in fact today it has happened again in a different scenario, but fortunately I've discover the way to avoid it (not to fix it, but it works for me), so if nobody else is complaining about it or doesn't happen to anyone else, for me it's ok to leave it here, so don't worry about it and thank you for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielSanMartin