Where do stop limit orders reside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do stop limit orders reside?

Hi I have an account with Mirus Futures with the ZenFire data feed, and I'm wondering where stop limit orders I place in NT reside. Do they just exist on my own computer or are they on ZenFire's servers? Thanks.

Hello bce111,

This depends on order state and broker used. Order location for all brokers is detailed here:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Zen-Fire
    Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Zen-Fire servers.
    OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 12-20-2013, 08:50 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello bce111,

This depends on order state and broker used. Order location for all brokers is detailed here:

Zen-Fire
      Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Zen-Fire servers.
      OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.
      Hi, Ryan Thanks. I saw that earlier. Is this true for stop orders too? In other words, if my computer is turned off or I lose my internet connection, will a stop loss order, or stop buy order, or stop sell order be executed anyway since it's on the Zen-Fire servers? Or will it only execute if my computer is on and the internet connection is active when it hits the order point in NT and then NT sends it out as a live order?
      Last edited by bce111; 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Yes, it's true for stop orders in state Working or Accepted. What matters for order location is the order state, not the order type.

Comment

Yes, it's true for stop orders in state Working or Accepted. What matters for order location is the order state, not the order type.
          Okay, thanks. And I can see if it's Working or Accepted in the Order tab? And once that's true even if my computer is off or I lose my internet connection the order will go through if hit?
          Last edited by bce111; 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Yes, can use orders tab to check order state. This display can be cleared up by right clicking > Filter only active orders. Yes, if Accepted or Working with Zenfire, then the order resides outside of NinjaTrader and can be filled even when NinjaTrader is disconnected or your computer is off.

Comment

Yes, can use orders tab to check order state. This display can be cleared up by right clicking > Filter only active orders. Yes, if Accepted or Working with Zenfire, then the order resides outside of NinjaTrader and can be filled even when NinjaTrader is disconnected or your computer is off.
              Thanks, Ryan. Really appreciate your help. Have a great day.

Comment

This link you posted, Ryan, doesn't not answer the question where orders reside with each of your brokers. Please update the link. Thanks.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post

This link you posted, Ryan, doesn't not answer the question where orders reside with each of your brokers. Please update the link. Thanks.
                  Thanks for the post Carol. Here is the correct link:
                  Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes