Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

POC point of control on any bar type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POC point of control on any bar type

does anyone know of a tool/add on free or paid that allows just to put the POC on any bar type from monthly down to minute bars that is not to resource intensive? that doesnt necessarily need "tick replay" enabled but can do it from just the volume available....

OFA which i have does a good job but is resource intensive at the moment...and cannot do weekly or daily without exploding. So just looking around... don't need all the numbers from orderflow was just looking for the POC to be marked.
    thanks

here is a pic of what i was looking for: https://www.screencast.com/t/9a7RttBky

Hello chinapassage,

Thanks for opening the thread.

I'm not aware of such an indicator that is already available, but other members of the forum might.

Generally speaking though, Tick Replay indicators and utilizing OnMarketDepth() for analyzing level 2 data can be resource intensive. Since the volume at price would have to be known to find the price level with the highest volume, I suspect the performance hit would be similar in different applications.

I'll leave this thread open ended for other members of the forum to give their input.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yeah thats why i was thinking if it didnt need to use tick replay data it could just use minute data or something to get a general idea where it was verses using needing to be exact especially for day type charts or 4 hour bars ... thanks for the reply though

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by danieldunn2024, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins