Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traders Dynamic Index

Good Afternoon

Does anyone have a version of Traders Dynamic Index (TDI) ?

Much appreciated

The Trader's Dynamic Index is a simple indicator, which you can actually build without coding anything,

- the first plot is a SMA(2) of the RSI(13)
    - the second plot is a SMA(7) of the RSI(13)
    - the third plot is a SMA(34) of the RSI(13)
    - the Bollinger Bands use the settings 34 for the period and 1.62 for the multiplier

What you need to do:

- add a SMA(2) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"
    - add a SMA(7) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"
    - add a SMA(34) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"
    - add a Bollinger(1.62, 34) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"

An enhanced version of the TDI can be found here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

If you are not an elite member, send me a private message with your e-mail and I will send you the install file for the TDI (open source),

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
      The Trader's Dynamic Index is a simple indicator, which you can actually build without coding anything,

- the first plot is a SMA(2) of the RSI(13)
      - the second plot is a SMA(7) of the RSI(13)
      - the third plot is a SMA(34) of the RSI(13)
      - the Bollinger Bands use the settings 34 for the period and 1.62 for the multiplier

What you need to do:

- add a SMA(2) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"
      - add a SMA(7) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"
      - add a SMA(34) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"
      - add a Bollinger(1.62, 34) to your chart, select RSI(13) as input series, set "Overlay" to "False"

An enhanced version of the TDI can be found here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

If you are not an elite member, send me a private message with your e-mail and I will send you the install file for the TDI (open source),
      I am an elite member, but I need I need this for nt8. Is there a guide where I can perform the steps you have just described?

Comment

Hello tropicalrecon,

Thanks for your post.

To assist I created a short video on the methods Harry provided but for Ninjatrader 8.

Edit: Just realized that the 3rd SMA is not needed because the Bollinger band provides the 34 period SMA (center line of the Bollinger band), so you can leave the 3rd one (34 period) out. Otherwise it just overlays which is no harm but again is not needed.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 10-13-2021, 12:37 PM. Reason: Updated Video format on this date.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
          Hello tropicalrecon,

Thanks for your post.

To assist I created a short video on the methods Harry provided but for Ninjatrader 8.

Edit: Just realized that the 3rd SMA is not needed because the Bollinger band provides the 34 period SMA (center line of the Bollinger band), so you can leave the 3rd one (34 period) out. Otherwise it just overlays which is no harm but again is not needed.
          You are a life saver, I have it all setup. Thank you so much!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-28_1104.png
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	877709

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalrecon View Post
            I am an elite member, but I need I need this for nt8. Is there a guide where I can perform the steps you have just described?
            Hi. I have been searching for the TDI for Ninja 8 to no avail. I read your post. Could you get me a copy of it please. I am not an elite member so it isn’t available to me.

Many thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by JReacher View Post
              Hi. I have been searching for the TDI for Ninja 8 to no avail. I read your post. Could you get me a copy of it please. I am not an elite member so it isn’t available to me.

Many thanks..
              Please send me a private message to get your free copy of the TDI for NinjaTrader 7. The TDI for NinjaTrader 8 is available in our indicator library with 100 indicators for NinjaTrader 8. The library will be further expanded and is open to members. Membership is currently available for a flat fee of $ 150. Here is link to the download page for the TDI:

The Traders Dynamic Index indicator is a trend following momentum indicator based on the RSI. This version is available for NinjaTrader 8.
              Last edited by Harry; 07-02-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

hullo Harry,I have just PM you.amny thanks Ade

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalrecon View Post

You are a life saver, I have it all setup. Thank you so much!

[ATTACH]37526[/ATTACH]
                  Hi,
                  Please, can you get me a copy of the indicator ?
                  Many Thanks .

Comment

Hello Yamoussou,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Post#2 describes how to simply create the indicator using standard indicators in your platform.

In Post #7, forum member Harry, a vendor, advises how you can obtain the indicator from his website.

Comment

Ok,
                      Many thanks

Comment

Hello
                        1-the video link posted on post #4 is down . Can u send the video instructions again .
                        2- how can i get the asian box indicator on post #5 please

Comment

Hello Kia_fx,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The video was of an obsoleted format, I have re-recorded and replaced the video in post #4, please try again.

I believe the indicator that shows the range of bars in the blue box is from the "Repeater" indicator which is available in the NT User app section of the Ninjatrader ecosystem. I will link below. The box comes from the repeater "tool type" selection of "Dynamic range", where all you need is to specify the begin and end time, it will adjust to the high and low of that time period.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                          1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                          2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                          3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                          4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                          • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
                          The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Thanks Paul ! It’s all set

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jculp
                            by jculp