drawing lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drawing lines?

HI everyone! Im a newbie and I cant seem to draw lines or snap lines. The curser is showing the pen, but I just cant seem to draw anything.

Please help

Thanks

Hello vettster,

Thank you for your post.

After you have selected the drawing object you would like applied to your chart your cursor will change to a pen. Please place the pen on your chart window where you want the line to begin and left mouse click to select your beginning point. Next move the pen to the end point and left mouse click again to select an end point.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Drawing Tools.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the repley Christopher, but Its still not working.
      When I left click. I should at least get a starting dot. Im getting nothing. Not even a hint of it working. Just the pen.

Comment

Hi vettster,

Thank you for your reply.

If you open a new chart (File > New > Chart), do you see the same behavior there?

If so, please open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) then add a new chart - do you see the same issue here as well?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle, I tried all that you mentioned and still nothing works. Perhaps I should just remove the softwear and upload it again.

Trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor,

That is worth a shot.

If you would like to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader, please do so using the steps listed below. Note that all custom settings would be deleted as part of this process.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
            1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
            4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
            5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
            6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            7. Reboot your machine.
            8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
              Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

ok Kyle. its uploaded but I need a valid liceince key. Its not excepting my old one.

Trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor,

Please send us a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and request the key. We will then provide you with the key via email.

Comment

well I dont what to tell you. It just wont work. On other sites you used to have to hold down the ctrl key. Ive tried everything. Im useing the Trial softwere. Is that the problem? Id hate to go live and find out I cant draw lines and such. Nothing in the Draw tools function works.
                  Last edited by vettster; 01-12-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Hello vettster,

Could you perhaps test a different mouse if possible and check if the issue persists.

Do you have a different PC you can test the issue as well?

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue on my end so far. It is not necessary to hold the Ctrl key to draw lines. The free version does not exclude drawing lines, it should work.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The mouse is working perfectly in Windows Paint. I dont have another computor to test it on. Its as though the softwere for the Tools was never installed on my computor. Is there a way of sending me Just that portion of Ninja trader and lets see if it up loads? im useing Mcaffee and window Xp home.

Comment

Unfortunately there is not a way to only install a particular portion of the NinjaTrader software. Do other drawing tools work when you attempt to apply them such as the Fibonacci Retracement?

Comment

no, Nothing in the Tool area works.

Comment

Prior to reinstalling NinjaTrader did you delete the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder from within Documents?

Comment

I dont know why. But I was just playing around and not realy changing any of the settings when all of a sudden a line appeared and started moveing with my Pointer about half way across the screen to the left. It wasnt even conected to the pointer.
                              Once i clicked, as you would with a Pen, The line stayed in place. I then clicked on the F2 key and I am now able to use the pen and its all linked up. So its now working perfectly. Its probley unrelated, but windows had just finished an update. aint technolegey grand

Thanks guys

Trev

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
                              1 response