Collapse

SHARE: Probably the only line tool you'll ever need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@gubbar924, Thanks for this great tool, if you plan to develop or improve can you think about adding some text showing the value attached to the line right/left corner if that suits you, but overall great additions :-)

Comment

@PrTester
      Can you PM me with more details?

Originally posted by PrTester View Post
      @gubbar924, Thanks for this great tool, if you plan to develop or improve can you think about adding some text showing the value attached to the line right/left corner if that suits you, but overall great additions :-)

Comment

Update:
        May 07, 2018
        - Added the option to view start and end point info directly on the chart. The text will automatically move to stay out of the line's way. Also, the "Duplicate" option has been moved back down to group it with "Copy" and "Remove".

update to update:
        about 30 minutes after I first uploaded this version, I've made 1 more minor update and re-uploaded, its not a critical update, it only formats the label text to my liking a little bit more. See image exl 000 for the updated format
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gubbar924; 05-07-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Update:
          May 09, 2018
          - AutoScale can now be toggled directly from the context menu. A place holder for toggling global drawing is set in place and just waiting for update(s) for feature request SFT-948.

This drawing tool can now pretty much do everything directly from the context menu. The only thing it cannot do is set/unset drawing to global. Feature request SFT-948 is already in place for this.

Unless there are bug fixes, special feature requests, or NT team makes updates to SFT-948 and/or SFT-2479; this is likely to be the final version.
          Attached Files

Comment

Update:
            July 25, 2018 - I have customized the line dash styles so that they are easier to see. This is specific to only the ExtendableLine drawing tool and will not make any changes to anything else.

see the attached screenshots for comparison of default MS/NT8 dash styles vs the new custom dash styles.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by gubbar924; 07-25-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the work here.

I did a minor improve. Put a label in the right side of the chart. These are my first attemps of programming in NinjaTrader and I lost with some issues.

The label works fine but when I try to save the template appears an unhandled exception. Could you take a look to the code, please? I thinks it is a good feature for put levels in a chart.

Thanks in advance.
              Attached Files

Comment

hello, PM sent, lets sidebar

Comment

Hi gubbar924, thank you for creating this tool. Was there any way to update the code to include a line label on the right margin (on the Y axis preferably)? Also, is there a way to automatically snap the line so it is horizontal? Ideally I'm trying to have this as a workaround to the horizontal line label extending to both the left and right margins. I'm looking to only extend to the right margin which your tool does. I have also noticed this tool shows its options when the extendable line is not selected and I right click within the chart to place an order. I have added a screenshot for reference. Is this expected? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello Ace of Trades 100,

I have not had time to work on any of my scripts lately so there are no updates available right now. As for the line tool options showing up in your context menu even when an extendable line is not selected, have you restarted NinjaTrader after you imported the script?

Comment

Hey gubbar924 ,

I have been working off your Extendable Line download from the code sharing section. Fantastic!
                      Not sure which version is in the download, but thank you, you've given me great insight into how the crazy menuing and template system works.

Can you post your latest 2019 version or PM me please? Reason is that the downloadable version has all the Globalize cases in the AddOn section commented out.
                      I'd love to see how you've gotten the global drawing stuff to work and save into the template correctly.

I've been working on a drawing tool for myself to help with my Supply and Demand style of trading. An extended rectangle based drawing tool that measures and labels zone height.

Many thanks,
                      cpuzz

Comment

hello cpuzz, lets sidebar, PM sent

Comment

never mind
                          Last edited by rafaelcoisa; 11-03-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Hey gubbar924​, is there any chance you could build a similar tool for channels (parallel channels)? I love the extendable line but could really use something that works the same for channels, specifically the ability to access templates and colors from the right-click menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post RubenCazorla  
                            Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Irukandji