Charts repeatedly freezing on loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts repeatedly freezing on loading

I have had this issue on both my PC and laptop. The issue on my PC has been put down to a graphics issue on my PC.

However, my laptop is currently experiencing the same behaviour. I have had several support calls in the last weeks on the issue, which I thought was fixed following a complete re-install.

Since the re-install 2 days ago, I have experienced the same freezing when loading. Strangely enough, the pattern is always the same, or has been since the re-install.

During the afternoon I reload the platform after the morning session. It repeatedly fails to load and has to be discontinued by Task Manager...this occurs as many times as I try and eventually I give up for the day.

The next morning I try it and it loads perfectly. I switch off after the morning session and when I come back in the afternoon, it fails to load and freezes.....see start of preceeding paragraph...

The next morning, the same pattern repeats.....Groundhog Day !

I have captured todays attempts at trying to reload in an Event Viewer file, which I will submit to NT Support when they find this post.

As a point of note...my PC platform has also frozen and wont restart either...so no trading today !

Thanks
    Last edited by dmackay41; 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM.

Hello dmackay41,

Thank you for your note.

We would want to take a look at the Event Viewer file as well as your most recent Log and Trace files to best assist here.

Please manually attach your Windows Event Viewer log and log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bmartz
    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses