Collapse

Suggestion: SAY - speaks provided text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the PlaySound function run in the main thread or spawn off a new one?

I have noticed a delay of a second or two as the speaker is activated. I presume that the rest of NT main thread continues to work independently of the sound processing.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know how .NET works internally. NT calls the PlaySound function asynchronously to not block NT.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
        Unfortunately I don't know how .NET works internally. NT calls the PlaySound function asynchronously to not block NT.
        Thanks Dierk. I was primarily concerned with the main thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pmorissette View Post
          Has anyone found a working solution for this in NT7?? I want to have TTS tell me long/short and the name of the security, or something like that.
          In NT7 it is quite simple.
          See attached sample.
          Make sure you have System.Speech reference.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by roonius; 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Issue

Hey,

Thanks for your help! However, it doesn't seem to be working. When I tried to import the .zip, NT displayed the following message:

"The assemblies System.Data, System.Design, System.Web, System.Web.Services, System.Speech have to be added to use the produces in the imported assembly."

Then it successfully installed. So I tried to run it as it and it didn't work. Afterward, I tried to add all of the System. in the using portion. Then the editor told me I didn't have System.Data, System.Design and System.Web.Services in my references, so I added those in (I'm hoping I chose the right .dll's) and it still didn't seem to work.

Here is my "using" section:
            using System;
            using System.ComponentModel;
            using System.Drawing;
            using NinjaTrader.Data;
            using System.Speech.Synthesis;
            using NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart;
            using System.Data;
            using System.Design;
            using System.Web;
            using System.Web.Services;
            using System.Speech;

Here are my references:
            System.dll System.Core.dll System.Drawing.dll System.Windows.Forms.dll System.XML.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.Core.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\WilsonORMapper.dll C:\Users\RDA_BEAST\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\MathNet.Iridium.dll C:\Users\RDA_BEAST\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\dnAnalytics.dll C:\Users\RDA_BEAST\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System. Speech\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Speec h.dll C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\System.Da ta\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System. Design\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Desig n.dll C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System. Web.Services\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System .Web.Services.dll
            Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Comment

I have updated the zip file in my earlier post - please try again.
              Make sure you have System.Speech as reference before you are importing.

System.Speech.dll can be found under:
              C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks a million! Works like a charm.

Cheers,
                Phil

Comment

How is this working with NT7Beta17?

Comment

Installation fails in NT7

When using the import utility to install the SMA Crossover program, the following import error occurs.

The assembly "System.Speech" has to be added to use the products in the imported assembly.

System.Speech DOES exist in the v3.0 folder as mentioned in Post #21. I also copied it into the v3.5 folder and into Ninjatrader\bin\custome

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Ricam, I am not aware of the specifics of this indicator, but you probably have to add a reference to the files by right-clicking in the editor window -> references -> add the necessary .dll references.
                      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Talking Trend Line Indicator

Text to speech indicators are now working.

Once again, I want to thank Roonius for showing how to do this in the Ninjatrader forums. Thanks also to Zondor at BMT.

This indicator makes a spoken announcement whenever the price series it shares a window with crosses above or below any of the qualifying trend lines that you add to that panel using the drawing tool.

Before installing it you must do the following to enable the text to speech capability within Ninjatrader.

1. Find the file, System.Speech.dll. It is located in C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0. Just note where it is.
                        2. Open ANY indicator for editing in the Ninjascript editor. Right click anywhere in the intellisense editor window and select References from the context menu.
                        3. Click the add button. A file chooser dialog box will open. Navigate to, and select, the System.Speech.dll file.

This is a beta indicator. Beware, it prints text to the output window and leaves phantom lines on the chart when you drag the trend lines around. Those are expected behaviors.

To qualify, a line must be an Extended Line, and the name of the TAG of the Extended Line must begin with the words, Trend Line . The Tag name is assigned on the Data tab of the Extended Line properties.

Then, after those words, add text that will tell you what chart the trend line is on, and which line it is. This should be something that is meaningful to YOU. The Tag can include spaces and commas.

For example, on my chart of the NYSE advancing minus declining issues, I use the string A, D, D, in the tag to get the robot to pronounce the three letters clearly.

Examples of descriptive tags for qualifying trend or level lines would be:

Trend Line YM 150 tick, bottom of rising trend channel
                        Trend Line 30 second A,D,D, rising support line
                        Trend Line 1 minute C,L, resistance level 175 dollars per barrel
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ricam; 06-18-2010, 11:21 AM. Reason: update title of post

Comment

Too many indicators talking at the same time

I have a bunch of talking indicators up and running. However sometimes a bunch of them will be talking at the same time. That really sounds insane !

Anyone know how I can check programmatically to see whether any of them is talking, before allowing another one to start talking?

Comment

I have taken care of proper queueing speech requests some time ago.
                            Speaking occures consecutive in the correct order and no overlap occurs.

It is in my Zweistein.Library.dll included with COTReport.

regards

andreas

www.zweisteintrading.eu

Comment

I added the speech function to the CCI indicator which alert me whenever it's crossing over the 0 line. Then I loaded it into 3 different charts, for example, ES, CL, 6E

But only the first chart loaded with the CCI has the voice function. The other two are muted.

Comment

Make sure that the TAGS of all of the lines being crossed are unique.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post alifarahani  
                                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH