Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alert Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Window

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to interface with the alert window to pick up certain alerts that are written there, such exceeding volume. What I would like to do is send a text message of email when certain alert occurs. I have a proprietary indicator that doesn't have this functionality but I see the alert being generated in the alert window (it also has an audible alert).

Does it make sense what I'm asking for?

Hello rados10,

Thank you for your post.

What you are asking for does in fact make sense. Unfortunately, this is not possible through the alerts window. you can create custom indicator to e-mail you when conditions are met, but these would not interface with alerts from the alerts window.

Comment

Can I create a custom indicator that would do that even though the indicator that produces the alert is a commercial and closed indicator? I believe I can't interface with such indicators, no?

Comment

Hello rados10,

Thanks for your question.

More than likely you not be able to, however the commercial indicator supplier is the one that could give you a definitive answer.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. What about the Alerts window emails? When I set up my email under Tools_>Options->Misc, will that generate email to me on every alert? For some reason, when I set it up with Gmail the connections times out, even though I'm putting correct settings so I can't test it.

Comment

Hello rados10,

Thanks for your questions.

To be clear the Alerts window itself does not issue e-mail.

The only indicator/strategy alerts you would get are those that would occur as a result of an indicator/strategy that has been programmed to send an e-mail. Typically you would see e-mail settings in the indicator set-up parameters (as you would need to add your specific e-mail info).

The NinjaTrader system sends you its own system alerts messages (that appear in the log tab). Here are the type messages you can expect (typically Warning, error or Alert as it relates to Ninjatrader operation itself): http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ml?log_tab.htm

Here is the information on setting up the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l?misc_tab.htm Also: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...008#post262008 for help with the connection settings. There is a test button, however before you push the test button you have to click the Okay button first for Ninjatrader to use the settings entered.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            2 responses