Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Donchian Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donchian Channel

Hi Members,

I hope I'm in the correct forum.

I'm learning programming as well as using the Strategy wizard to build my system.

Can anyone please help add a donchian channel to my strategy using the Strategy wizard?
    I have experience with the wizard using basic SMA crosssover's and would like to add a donchian channel using the condition builder in the Strategy wizard. I like to start off with using the wizard before hard coding because the wizard helps me to "think it out" so to speak as oppose to hard coding which is a bit more difficult to understand what is actually happening. After I use the wizard I can go back and view the code and I will understand it better at that point.

When I bring up the strategy wizard and build a condition using the donchian channel indicator, I'm just not sure which "relational operator" to use (located in the middle of the "condition Builder" window. Do I choose "donchian channel" indicator for both sides of the "how to complete this part of the "condition Builder" window (left side and right side)?

Appreciate any help and thank you for your patience and time.

Helicopter, in the future could you please just post questions once? This is actually the correct forum for this type of question, but I already answered in the indicator forum, so we'll just keep the correspondence in there for now. Next time you have a strategy related question, just post it in the strategy forum (where you asked if it is the right forum) and we'll answer it there. Sorry for the confusion.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, any new questions on strategy development I will post here. I have just replied to your reply and posted where you recommended I keep the correspondence until that particular thread ends.

Any further advice please advise.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses