Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geotabs View Post
    If the offer still stand for free indicator development, I would like to have a SMA with sound alerts so that when last price touches or crosses below or above the SMA it will play a sound that I would be able to select from sounds that I have put into NT's sound folder and a message to send to the alerts window that i would be able to type in for different instruments..
    It would calculate the indicator on bar close but send the sound alert on the last price printed to that it will not wait for bar to close.
    I hope I am articulating what it is I am after well.

Thanks for your consideration

Cheers
    geotabs,

Markets are closed, so I havent had a chance to test this out in real-time. Let me know how it goes.

-Nick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicbizz; 11-29-2012, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks Nick

I have been testing it out this morning and unfortunately it does not fire of the sound alert or text in the alerts window. Also is it possible to have it alert if it touches the SMA as sometimes on the higher time frames that's all it does.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Nick

I have been testing it out this morning and unfortunately it does not fire of the sound alert or text in the alerts window. Also is it possible to have it alert if it touches the SMA as sometimes on the higher time frames that's all it does.

Cheers
        Yea, the previous code was incorrect.

I've attached an updated version. Not the neatest bit of code, but it works on historical data. However, I can't test Alerts unless it's real time, which I don't have access to right now, so give it a shot, and let me know how it goes.

-Nick
        Attached Files

Comment

MACD-Histogram w/ 2 period SMA (Please)

Hello,
          Can someone please develop this basic (50,88,9) MACD-Histogram, with an option to add a 2 period (1 and 5) SMA?

I would also like the option to change colors and all other settings.

It is part of a strategy on the ES 2 minute chart.

I would appreciate someone developing this indicator.

Thanks.

Joseph
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks nick,

It does work when I select the Indicators,Data,Calculate on bar close to True.But it waits for close of that bar and fires alert on next bar. If it is false then the the indicator plots zero on the chart?
            I have posted a pic to illustrate.

Thanks Again
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks nick,

It does work when I select the Indicators,Data,Calculate on bar close to True.But it waits for close of that bar and fires alert on next bar. If it is false then the the indicator plots zero on the chart?
              I have posted a pic to illustrate.

Thanks Again
              Ok, managed to test it out with real-time data. Saw where the problem was.

Keep in mind though, that because SMA is barClose = true, that figure is calculated based on the close of the previous bar. Should matter very little in the practical sense, but just fyi.

-Nick
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nick

Works like a charm, I appreciate your time and patience.

Cheers

Comment

Wicked Renko Bar Type

Good Evening All,

Please Help . . . I am having major, major, major problems with a strategy that I am programming. I am using Wicked Renko Bar Type and I can not seem to get the trades to execute on the first tick of the new candle after the signal bar closes. It may take 15, 20 or even 30 ticks to execute a trade, which is extremely too long. Also something else that is weird when I do a backtest using these type bars they do not even show on the backtest chart but all the executed trades do show, then when I run the backtest on the Ninjatrader default Renko type bars, trades are executed on the first tick of the new bar and show on the backtest chart, go figure. (Please Help Me) Any suggestions.

Thank You In Advance,
                  Dorian
                  [email protected]

Last edited by forextrader2003; 12-06-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hello forextrader2003,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

I am not familiar with the Wicket Renko Bar type myself, although I have heard of it. I am not sure of what to expect using that particular Bar Type, you may want to contact the vendor/programmer where you downloaded it from to see what is expected.

Note that using Renko Bars for Backtesting are going to be set to CalculateOnBarClose to true since it is going only process on Historical Data. For more information about Backtesting Renko Bar Types you may view the following thread.
                    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=49420

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
                    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Looking for Indicator - for Higher Highs Lower Lows.

Hi does anyone have or know we I can get an indicator that alerts when price reaches higher highs, lower lows, double bottoms, tops etc.
                      Thanks,

Comment

Hello Derdon,

You may try the following indicator from our NinjaScript File Sharing section that uses the Bollinger to detect breakouts and has Alerts() built into them.

To Import
                        1. Download the file to your desktop
                        2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
                        3. Select the downloaded file

Comment

New programming Ninja Trader

Hello Michel,

I believe this is simple but I need some help. I have been having a go at the ninja trader wizard programming but I still can't figure this out. I would like market analyzer just to simply show if the DM+ which is 14 days has crossover the DM- which is 14 days as well and write a text in market analyzer that says "DI+ Crossed", also the same in reverse for DI- showing "DI- Crossed." I believe once I have the file and code that I can exam it I will be able to figure out a lot after that other programming techniques for market analyzer

Thanks in Advance.
                          Best,
                          Gco
                          Last edited by GCOmusic; 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GCOmusic View Post
                            Hello Michel,

I believe this is simple but I need some help. I have been having a go at the ninja trader wizard programming but I still can't figure this out. I would like market analyzer just to simply show if the DM+ which is 14 days has crossover the DM- which is 14 days as well and write a text in market analyzer that says "DI+ Crossed", also the same in reverse for DI- showing "DI- Crossed." I believe once I have the file and code that I can exam it I will be able to figure out a lot after that other programming techniques for market analyzer

Thanks in Advance.
                            Best,
                            GCO
                            As I understand it, Market Analyzer is unable to display anything other than numerical results. So instead of "DI+ Crossed" or "DI- Crossed", you can create an indicator to output "1" or "-1".

What you're asking for is fairly simple, but I have no idea what this DM+ or DM- is, otherwise, I would have a quick go at it.

-Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nicbizz View Post
                              As I understand it, Market Analyzer is unable to display anything other than numerical results. So instead of "DI+ Crossed" or "DI- Crossed", you can create an indicator to output "1" or "-1".

What you're asking for is fairly simple, but I have no idea what this DM+ or DM- is, otherwise, I would have a quick go at it.

-Nick
                              Hello Nick,

The indicators I speak of are the "DM" indicators that come with ninja trader. I believe the correct label is "DiPlus" and "DIMinus". I believe if I can get the indicator to indicate whether it has crossed over with a 1 or -1 I can add cell conditions in market analyzer to display text. Could you help me out.

Best,
                              Gco

Comment

Hello Gco,

This would require some custom programming. You may do something like the following:

Code:
                                protected override void Initialize()
                                {
                                      Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Orange), PlotStyle.Line, "Plot0"));
                                }

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                                {
                                     if (CrossAbove(DM(14).DiPlus, DM(14).DiMinus, 1))
                                     {
                                          Plot0.Set(1);
                                     }
                                     // Else Rest of code
                                }
                                Then you can use the Market Analyzer Cell conditions for the rest. You may see the following link to our Help Guide on creating Alert, Cell, and Filter conditions inside the Market Analyzer.
                                http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._and_filte.htm

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                                6 responses
                                2 likes
                                Last Post ultls
                                by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                                0 responses