Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 64bit does not start on Corporate laptop

Hello,

I am having problems getting v8.0.15.1 (for personal use) running on my corporate laptop.The pointer changes but no splash screen appears and nothing gets changed in the My Documents\Ninjatrader 8 folder (which is on the C: drive and has write permissions). I have tried re-installing the .NET Framework 4.5 and the MSXML 4.0 SP3 but neither has helped. An earlier version has worked in the past.

NT7 works fine after messing around with the registry so it installs in my local My Documents rather than a network drive.

I attach the error messages in the event viewer for NT8.

I would be very grateful for some help as this is driving me mad!

Kind Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Hello Timek,
    Can you clarify if you have the correct version of SQL installed?

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    Add and remove software/programs
    Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue with the next step
    Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
    Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
    Run the file named SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
    SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    Once installed you will need to restart your PC

Comment

Hello Ryan,

I followed your steps though they were already installed (v3.5 SP2) and I got exactly the same results (both for 32 and 64 bit versions).

NT7 still works as expected.

Any other ideas?

Thanks and Regards,
      Tim

Comment

Hello Timek,
        Can you do a basic uninstall and reinstall of the platform to ensure that the platform is not referencing any older items:
        To perform a basic uninstall and reinstall:
        First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        Close NinjaTrader
        Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
        From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 or 8 and click Remove.
        Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 and delete this file if it still exists
        Install NinjaTrader from the MSI you previously downloaded.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Just tried that but got the same error messages in EventViewer and nothing opens.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
          Tim

Comment

Hello Timek,
            Can you clarify if NinjaTrader 8 is pointing towards the Network drive as well?

Comment

Hello Ryan,

As far as I am aware it is not pointing towards the network drive. I have disconnected the network drive and re-installed NT8 with no change in the behaviour.

How does NT8 determine which "My Documents" folder to use for the user folder? In NT7 it seemed to use the HOMEDRIVE, HOMEPATH and HOMESHARE registry entries - I have to blank these out to get it to install in C:\users\<username>\ (which is my Documents library).

Interestingly I have to come out of NT7 to be able to uninstall NT8.

Thanks & Regards,
              Tim

Comment

Hello Timek,
                The documents folder will show the location of where it is directed to if you right click on Documents > properties > location. NinjaTrader will use the location of where the Documents folder in Library is located.

Comment

Hello Ryan,

Yes, as I mention below my Documents library is C:\users\<username>\. NT8 does seem to install in this folder but never writes to it on starting as it fails with the events that I have provided to you before.

What do you suggest to get this issue fixed?

Thank you.

Regards,
                  Tim

Comment

Timek,
                    Can you find the location NT8 is reporting to at this time? I would recommend contacting your IT department at this time to find out if there is a way to fully map your documents to your local PC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred