Platform crashed overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platform crashed overnight

Where do I find the log that will tell me the reason?

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your note.

The logs are located in Documents > NinjaTrader > log.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

@Ninjacustomer

Did the platform crash with a windows error message? Or was the platform stuck frozen and locked up? I have had NT8 freeeze on me in the morning several times and when I get to the computer the software is basically locked up/frozen and I need to end task via task manager to get it closed. There are never any error messages. I'm working with support to try to solve the issue but no solution yet. Would be interesting if you have similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by pmn100 View Post
        @Ninjacustomer

Did the platform crash with a windows error message? Or was the platform stuck frozen and locked up? I have had NT8 freeeze on me in the morning several times and when I get to the computer the software is basically locked up/frozen and I need to end task via task manager to get it closed. There are never any error messages. I'm working with support to try to solve the issue but no solution yet. Would be interesting if you have similarities.
        when i came to the computer nothing of NT8 was there... all windows closed... no error dialog... just looked like NT8 was never run.. I did not check the taskmanager but i expect that there was nothing there also since I was able to run NT8 again by clicking on the icon without killing anything

I definitely did not close it myself because I need to keep it running as one of the data feeds I use cannot load tick data therefore if I want any charts other than time based, I need to keep them open

Comment

Hmm thats different to me then. I'm sure support will find something but you might want to check if there was a windows update as I think that can restart your computer if you have it set to automatically update.

Comment

Originally posted by pmn100 View Post
            Hmm thats different to me then. I'm sure support will find something but you might want to check if there was a windows update as I think that can restart your computer if you have it set to automatically update.
            my other programs were still running

plus I'm not a fan of windows update.. they reboot like nazis

So I use the one true thing that will successfully prevent this on windows 10 (registry edits and stuff like that don't work)

I will reboot my computer eventually... I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't get that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH