Max Bars Chart can load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Bars Chart can load

I'm trying to load 2 Renko bars on ES##-##. I wanted to load 500 days, but it's only taking me back to October. Is there a max amount of bars that can be loaded on the chart?

Hello Lumbeezl,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just sent the email. Thanks!

Comment

Hello Lumbeezl,

Thank you for your reply.

If you disconnect from IQ Feed and only connect to NinjaTrader Continuum, do you see the same behavior? When you are using NinjaTrader Continuum data, you will be able to load Tick data up to 366 days.

Comment

Yes. It's the same behavior.

It says in the log, "Failed to resolve instrument for market data: F.US.EP.F00 could not be resolved".

Would that have anything to do with it?

With the IQ Feed, I can export tick data for 10 years, but it won't load in the chart. Not sure what the difference is with the chart...

Comment

Hello Lumbeezl,

Thank you for your post.

"Failed to resolve instrument for market data: F.US.EP.F00 could not be resolved"
            This typically means that the user is not subscribed to the instrument with the brokerage account being used. Please disconnect from NinjaTrader Continuum, and connect to IQ Feed. Then ensure that you have "Use back adjusted data" checked in the connection configuration for your IQ Feed connection.

Comment

Followed all those steps but it's still just going back to October. Are there any chart limitations I can change?

Comment

Hello Lumbeezl,

Thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver and displays the data it receives from the data feed. In this case it would be best to check with IQ Feed to see if there are any restrictions on loading historical data with your account. The data you see in your charts is the result of what is available from your broker or data provider. There aren't any other options to restrict or unrestricted the number of days loaded in NinjaTrader outside of the days to load option in the data series properties.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

My data provider told me they have data back 11 years. I am able to export tick data with the NinjaTrader Export feature to at least 2010. When I opened 1-5 minute data on the chart, I have no issue going back further, but with Renko/Tick data it's the same date every time, 31 Oct 2017.

I appreciate the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes