Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

convert to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert to NT8

How can we convert PointF[] from NT7 to NT8?

Hello luxurious_04,

Thank you for the post.

Can you provide more detail on what the use case is here?

PointF[] is simply an array of Points that are floats, what specifically is being converted here? NT8 will not likely use PointF but would use something else for whatever you are trying to do. This may just be Point in NT8 which you could make an array of if you need to.

If this is related to rendering, I would also suggest reviewing the DrawingTools and their OnRender sections for ideas of NT8 related rendering syntax.

If you can provide more information on what you are doing with the PointF[], I can likely provide better assistance here.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is about rendering, can you give some ideas of NT8 related rendering syntax? Maybe a thread etc.

Comment

Hello luxurious_04,

There are many threads that cover all types of questions related to rendering, this is really too broad of a question. What are you trying to do?

I could direct you to just search the forum for keywords surrounding what you are trying or to review the existing drawing tools for examples. I would like to provide more specific resources If I can. Could you provide some details on what you have questions surrounding?

If you want some general information surrounding rendering in NT8, I would suggest starting with the help guide or looking at the SampleCustomRender indicator which comes with NinjaTrader. Alternatively using the existing drawing tools as examples, they all use OnRender.

Comment

I'm sorry to ask you again but I need to know what's the equivalent of bounds.Left and bound.Bottom in NT8?

Comment

Hello luxurious_04,

For this question, I would still suggest reviewing the sample that comes with NinjaTrader as this is demonstrated in that sample. The indicator named SampleCustomRender contains simple examples of most common rendering syntax that you may use in NT8.

The ChartControl is also now documented so I would also suggest reviewing the help guide as the chart panel/control is different from NT7.

To locate information surrounding the Chart and its controls:

The ChartPanel page explains the properties and their values for the Panel which includes the X Y W and H properties (your question).

These properties are also used in the rendering sample to render a box over the full chart panel if you want to see them used.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes