Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code obfuscation in NT8

Hello
    I was just checking the cost of obfuscation and it appears to be $100 for one year.
    I have questions.Request clarification.
    1.Suppose i create an indicator and export the same as protected one with vendor license then again next year do we have to renew the obfuscation software to keep the code as obfuscated or it is required only when i decide to export another indicator?
    2.In condition one above once a code is obfuscated is it obfuscated for ever or only for one year.( till the obfuscation software expiration period.)
    I hope i am clear in conveying the questions.
    Please enlighten in the matter.
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by profitabletrader306 View Post
    Hello
    I was just checking the cost of obfuscation and it appears to be $100 for one year.
    I have questions.Request clarification.
    1.Suppose i create an indicator and export the same as protected one with vendor license then again next year do we have to renew the obfuscation software to keep the code as obfuscated or it is required only when i decide to export another indicator?
    2.In condition one above once a code is obfuscated is it obfuscated for ever or only for one year.( till the obfuscation software expiration period.)
    I hope i am clear in conveying the questions.
    Please enlighten in the matter.
    Thanks in advance.
    The obfuscation software converts the non-protected assembly to a protected assembly. The protected assembly will of course continue to run as long as it is compatible with the operating system and NinjaTrader.

Therefore you only need to own and run the obfuscation software, when the assembly is created. However, bear in mind that your indicator or your strategy will require regular updates. There will be bugs, there will be enhancements and you will need to protect the new assemblies regularly.

If you only have two or three assemblies that you wish to protect, simply ask someone who owns the software and who you trust to do the protection for you. Once the obfuscation software is installed it only takes a few minutes to convert the assemblies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post The_Sec
    by The_Sec

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
    4 responses