Collapse

Pivot Points and Floor Pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to create weekly and monthly pivot with SR as well?

Comment

The newer NT default pivots allows you to choose weekly/monthly as an option when you load the indicator.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i got it!thanks for help

Comment

anyone know why the floorpivots indicator doesn't work with 6.5 on Range Charts?

also 6.5 pivots standard indicator also exhibits this behaviour.

Is there some switch I need to set?

or if I have to modify code, what should I be looking at modifying exactly? I mean what is the reason it doesn't work on Range charts?

Comment

Please make sure you are on the latest Beta. The pivot indicator implementation has changed. If you use the "DailyBar" option in the new pivot indicator and your connection provides historical daily data, it will work as expected. Otherwise, on range bars it will not work as expected since the nature of range bars means that the intraday calculated open/close prices of the sessions can be off since a single range bar can span a session break.

More information on pivots - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=4676
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes but I only want to use it using custom HLC values...

what do i need to modify in the code to get it to work? if you can't provide specifics, at least perhaps just point me to the correct area?

Comment

To confirm -

- You are on Beta 9
                - You are using the latest Pivots indicator
                - You have selected user defined values
                --> This does not work as expected? If this is correct, what is the behaviour you are seeing?

Comment

yes beta 9... user defined...

but what is "latest pivots indicator"? I was testing the one included with beta 9.

also floor pivots from this site doesn't work either on range bars.

I am just not seeing any lines drawn at all... if I switch to 1m or tick I see them.

Comment

The latest indicator is part of Beta 9. Please remove it from your chart completely and add it back.

There is a new parameter "PriorDayHLC" --> Select "UserDefinedValues". This will work. I responded to your other post regarding range bars.

Comment

to clarify... I am only concerned about Range Charts in these posts. I thought that you were saying these new pivots indicators should work with user-defined values also on Range Charts.

Now I am thinking that you are saying they would not.

In that case need to know, what is the reason that user-defined values are not able to generate Pivot lines? It seems to me like it shouldn't matter what kind of chart it is, if the high low close values are manually inputted, after all it is just drawing lines on the chart.

If I know this then it will save me a lot of effort trying to fix the code to get it to work.

Comment

It should work on range charts. Please remove indicator and add it back to a chart and try again. It works as expected here on range charts.

Comment

strange, appears to work on a "none" template range chart.

I will have to try and figure out why it doesn't work on a chart with my usual templates.

maybe I just need to ditch my chart and open a new one... I just tested a new chart with my usual template and it works.
                          Last edited by NinjaCustomer; 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks Josh for the indicator contribution.

Would it be possible to plot session based pivots on an intraday chart ,based on user input Session values (like 9:30-12:00 for example). Say like for example on a 610 tick chart, plotting pivots based on morning session. If it would be possible to enhance this (if its a minor code change) to pass session parameters, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
                            RK

Comment

I don't remember exactly, but I do think there are several further enhanced versions floating around somewhere. Try taking a look in the file sharing section and discussion areas for any other ones. I vaguely remember one that does something similar to what you want.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TRO Battlelines

Been using it fine till the upgrade . The lines are now overlaying on top of each other.
                                Any idea why ?

Also is there a FibPivot for Ninja ? Thought I ask as users are stuck with many standard indis on NT platform .....Hmm....

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes