Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification

Hi I am using NT through dorman trading and RCG.
    I have live accounts what exactly do I have to pay for a licence for?
    Is this to use the superdom?
    But I can still use everything else in NT? For Free?
    Wouldnt the broker have a licence for customers to use it?
    What limitations do I have with the free live version?
    Is this why I cant change from old YM on the superdom?Because its free live version?

The license is for trading live. You can use all features of NinjaTrader for free for as long as you want until you are ready to trade live through our platform. When you are ready getting a license will activate this ability otherwise the free platform is exactly the same as the license one.

You can change the YM contract by selecting the new expiry date. Please add it to your list in the Instrument Manager.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      The license is for trading live. You can use all features of NinjaTrader for free for as long as you want until you are ready to trade live through our platform. When you are ready getting a license will activate this ability otherwise the free platform is exactly the same as the license one.

You can change the YM contract by selecting the new expiry date. Please add it to your list in the Instrument Manager.
      Nah buddy thanks for your reply but you didnt read my Question properly.
      I am trading live I have been for 7 years (new to NT though).
      My broker's Dorman and Rosenthal Collins both gave me NT with ZenFire to use and I can trade live through it no problems.The only issue is some functions are limited such as superdom etc and you cant change instrument on superdom because its not paid for also cant use atm strategy etc.I think you can trade live with NT without a licence but you cant use the advanced features.
      I think this is how it is admins could you answer?
      Are the charts live and not delayed without a licence?They seem to be live from ZenFire I assume thats nothing to do with NT themselves.
      Thanks

Comment

You likely are on the Direct edition which you got for free from your ZenFire broker. As you figured there are some limitations e.g. as it goes to using the ATM features.

Your broker should told you what restrictions apply in particular. However, using the Direct edition:
        - you can trade live
        - charts are updated live
        - you can change instruments on DOM

Comment

Thanks buddy yes I understand you now, atm strategy is disabled seems only limitation is there any others I should know about?
          The brokers didnt say nothing about limitations.
          Thanks

Comment

I believe the automated trading interface is also disabled.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tradestation to NT to ZenFire with Direct Edition using ATI

Hi-

I just found this thread after opening an account with a zen-fire broker. I obtained a license key for the direct edition and am trying to set it up so that I can send orders from tradestation to NT to my broker.

When I opened my account with the zen-fire broker, I was told and was under the impression that I could use the ATI to send signals from TS to NT via the SMTP interface.

I've noticed that the ATI tab is gone and the AT Interface selection under the File menu is also missing. Both of these were there when I had my SIM license key.

So there's no way to do this with the direct edition? What do I do? I specifically signed up with this broker so I could use NT free to send signals from TS to NT to them.

ALSO: not sure if it matters but I'm using the latest non-beta version of NT: 6.0.1000.10 (Direct Live)

Thanks for your time.
              Last edited by geoMEAN; 03-28-2008, 06:36 PM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Hi,

I think there must have been a misunderstanding in the conversation with your broker. With the NinjaTrader Direct Edition, both ATM strategies and the ATI are disabled. To gain access to any of these features you will need to purchase a live license from the following page.

Comment

So now on 6.5 youve disabled more features for the free version?
                  The make custom indicator thing is gone?

Comment

NinjaTrader Direct Edition is not the same as the NinjaTrader Free Version downloadable on our website. I believe the Direct Edition is some sorts of a bundled version that comes from some brokerages. Making custom indicators is present in NinjaTrader 6.5.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got Ninja Trader 6 from my brokerage.It had those things in it.
                      When I updated to 6.5 it kindly removed these functions.

Comment

Nope its the simulation key.If I put the live direct key it takes the new indicator function away.

Comment

So if I wish to work on indicators I have to change the key to demo SIM-3434 etc then I can make indicators.If I want to trade live I need to put live key.
                          Last edited by Mike_32; 05-11-2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Yes, that could be the case.

Comment

Yeah just switch back to your freebie license key they e-mail you when you download NT and just develop your indicators or strategies that way. That's what I do. Though if you want to trade with those strats you're gonna need a full copy of NT, not just the direct addition as the ATI feature is disabled with the direct edition.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB