Programming connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming connections

Is there any way to programmatically (either in C# or the ATI) discconect and reconnect a broker connection?

The reason is that I'm having problems with my live data feed coming back once the broker connection comes back after the exchange closes . It usually takes another 2 hours for the live feed to resume if I just leave it (the Ninja log holds no clues, it just says I am connected). But if I manually disconnect/reconnect the live feed comes back straight away. My broker is FB and from experience FB problems don't get resolved quickly, so any help would be appreciated.

It would be tempting to scan the logs and everytime a "ConnectionLost" appears followed by a "Connected" to kick start the disconnect/reconnect utility.

>> Is there any way to programmatically (either in C# or the ATI) discconect and reconnect a broker connection?
    Unfortunately no.

Comment

I have a similar issue. You can use ipconfig /release to drop your internet connection and ipconfig/renew to bring it back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Futures_Shark View Post
        I have a similar issue. You can use ipconfig /release to drop your internet connection and ipconfig/renew to bring it back up.
        Thanks for the suggesstion. Although I'm sure it would work I'm a bit scared to test it as my NT machine is hosted remotely.

Comment

I just found a great program that will allow you to do anything programmatically that you can do with mouse clicks.

Comment

IB Ninja Login tripping over itself! Help.

When i hit connect. Ninja seems to login so fast it enters the password into the same line as the username. Whats the fix?
            tanx
            a.

Comment

garron, which NinjaTrader and TWS version are you currently using?

We recommend NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.14 in connection with TWS 898.4 as per our guide here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes