Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator may not be plotting correctly

Hello,

I believe my 50 EMA plots differently when I look back on a chart than when I watch it live.
    I have a strategy to only trade long when price is above the 50 EMA and opposite on shorts. Looking back on some of my trades, according to the chart I am looking at, I made trades counter to my strategy, based on where the 50 EMA is plotting. This shows several times over a couple of days and I am certain I did not confuse the price being above the 50 when in fact it was below.

Is this typical, and to be expected, for the price and indicators to plot differently on a historical chart compared to a live chart? The instrument I am looking at is expired but I would expect the integrity of the data to be the same.

This throws all back testing into doubt. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    mw355

Hello mw355,

Thank you of your post.

Glad to assist. To confirm, is the backtesting completed via Market Replay?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

So we may best assist, could you please also send us your scrip along with your log and trace files?

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    115 responses
    1 like
    Last Post kevinenergy  
    Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
    1 response