Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap in charts

Hello,

In the two attached pictures I show the 15min and 30min charts. The 15min shows candles while the 30min has a gap. In fact the 30, 60 and 240 has gaps, daily does not.

Why the gap?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello Segwin,

Can you please right click in the 30 Minute chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. Check if the gap persists. Please do the same in the other affected charts.

If the gap remains, please tell me to what data feed/broker you connect in NinjaTrader. What trading hours template do you have selected in the Data Series menu of your charts. Could it be the affected charts have a different trading hours template selected?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The refresh took care of it. Why does this happen?

Thanks.

Comment

I am not sure why those charts had gaps. If the issue recurs, please let me know and check for any consistencies with today's occurrence.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a large 8-market workspace with multiple tabbed charts per market that takes a long time to load and calculate, which is normal, but since the last few NT8 version upgrades, I'm seeing gaps in historical data for almost all markets every time after the workspace completes loading. Sometimes the right-click > Reload All Historical Data (Ctrl+Shift+R) will correct the missing data, and sometimes it doesn't. The times that it doesn't are typically when attempting to reload historical data for markets more than one at a time (in parallel vs in series). Creating a new chart will load historical data without gaps, so for charts with missing data that don't correct with Ctrl+Shift+R, the solution has been to save the chart template then delete the chart and create a new chart, then apply the template. Data provider is Continuum. Any idea why charts are loading with historical data gaps on initial workspace opening? Any more efficient fix suggestions than deleting and recreating charts one by one?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses