Pivot Points and Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivot Points and Strategy Analyzer

Seems like when you use pivot points as a condition in your strategy builder - ie. close >= Daily Pivot point... when backtesting... it uses that day's pivot points for all the previous days it's testing.

So say I was backtesting the past 10 days... I would hope it would use the pivot points for each/that specific day (as they change daily) but it seems to use just the current day's pivot points when backtesting the previous days and applies "today's" Pivot Points to those days.

I'm using 5m charts... and in the strategy builder, I tried using intraday as well as I tried using Daily for the HLC Calculations settings. Using Daily settings didn't yield any trades... and using intraday did what I mentioned above.

I can see this is occurring because the strategy is taking longs for example when the close is less than pivot point. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Hello TicksBandit,

Thanks for your post.

I've created a short video to demonstrate how you can test/check the conditions by drawing dots where the condition is true. https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...MwOV82NjE1ODQy

If you are unable to replicate, please post your conditions/action screenshots or post the strategy file so we can further assist.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello TicksBandit,

Based on your other thread I understand you are using NT8 strategy builder.

The video I provided below was for NT7 strategy wizard however you can easily replicate in NT8.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Perr0Grande  
      Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes