Visual Studio 2017 Community no DEBUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio 2017 Community no DEBUG

I have downloaded Visual Studio 2017 Community.

I have compiled my NinjaScript with the Debug Mode checked.

I have pressed the icon for Visual Studio and it launched properly opening the file: NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj.

However, there is no DEBUG in VS 2017 to select so that I can attach the process.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hello ronhb107,

Thanks for opening the thread.

It sounds like there was an issue installing Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition on your end where the complete .NET framework package was not installed.

I would suggest to reinstall Visual Studio and make sure that you have the complete .NET desktop development package included.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That worked.

Thanks.

Comment

Debugging in VS 2017

Alan:

I've loaded your code "aaPrintSelectedAccountAndATMStrategy", set Debug on, then compiled.

When the VS icon is pressed, I get the following warning....

"There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "PresentationCore", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. NinjaTrader.Custom"

The code for "aaPrintSelectedAccountAndATMStrategy" does not display in VS 2017 unless I select it from the Solution Explorer.

Looking thru the Project's NinjaTrader.Custom properties I see that under Build, the Platform Target is: Any CPU. I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place.

My computer is a 64 bit architecture.

Thanks,
        Ron

After redirecting to x64 (which got rid of the above error message), I now get: "Severity
        Warning CS0436 The type 'Indicator' in 'C:\Users\RonBerg\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@TSF.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'Indicator' in 'NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=8.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Using the type defined in 'C:\Users\RonBerg\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@TSF.cs'. NinjaTrader.Custom C:\Users\RonBerg\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\AlanIndicators\aaPrintSele ctedAccountAndATMStrategy.cs 27 Active"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
        Ron
        Last edited by ronhb107; 11-20-2017, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Hello ronhb107,

I appreciate you reaching out to us, but I must bring up that specific inquires involving Visual Studio fall under a general C# category and escapes the scope of services that we may provide.

We will provide enough direction to help you use these tools as we have outlined in our help guide, but using Visual Studio or an external IDE for development is considered an advanced topic that we reserve for advanced users. We do not provide the same support for using IDE's than we do for using our NinjaScript Editor.

The warning is stating that there is conflict between what is in your custom assembly and what is included in the vendor assembly and the compiler is using what is available in the custom assembly. A warning will still compile and should not be necessarily treated as an error.

You may compile this code with the NinjaScript Editor, and if you have a question surrounding a compiler message from the NinjaScript Editor, we will be happy to give further input.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Javierw.ok  
          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes