Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

2 Computers (Work/Home) -- Accessing Your Office Day's Work on Home Computer Later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Computers (Work/Home) -- Accessing Your Office Day's Work on Home Computer Later?

Hi there, I've searched around a bit and found somewhat similar threads to this, but not quite what I'm looking for. I have a computer at the office that I trade off of during the day, and I have a PC at home that I want to use to review what I did later that night --- all without having to lug the work computer home. What I am wondering is this:

-What would be the best way to save everything I did during the trading day (chart drawings, trade entries/exits, etc.) and then load it all up again on my home PC when I get home? I am thinking I'll need to save certain files each day and then upload it to a cloud such as dropbox. What files would I be looking for?

-Can you link me to a document guide, or show me the directory where I can grab my market replay data so I can upload that as well (to later download onto the home PC)?

Any thoughts on the easiest way to accomplish all this would be greatly appreciated. The basic point is I want it to be as if I brought my office computer home with me, except I did not -- I just accessed the same data from the PC I have at home after downloading the data from a cloud service.

Can I simply do the backup/restore feature every day to accomplish this? Would this also include the market replay data recorded throughout the day?

Thanks in advance. NT forum support has always been extremely helpful and I always appreciate the help.
    Last edited by lllusion; 07-28-2014, 08:38 AM.

Hello lllusion,

Thank you for your post.

The easiest way to accomplish this would be to make use of NinjaTrader's backup and restore features.
    To create a backup please follow the steps outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/creating_a_backup_archive.htm

To restore from a backup please use the process available at this link:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/restoring_a_backup_archive.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought of that and edited my post to reflect that before I saw your lightning fast reply. Thanks! Okay, would that cover the recorded market replay data too?

Comment

Hello lllusion,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, this is something which would have the ability to copy Market Replay data as well.

Comment

Awesome. Well sounds like Ninjatrader has this covered very well. I appreciate the assistance and I will reply back to this thread if I need any additional help. Thanks Kyle.

Comment

Okay, I made a backup, grabbed the NTBK file labeled "2014-08-01.ntbk" and put it on a jump drive and transferred it to my home PC. I installed NT on my home PC then clicked restore. I then selected the file and got this message:

"Restore Backup Archive Error: Ninjatrader was unable to restore the selected backup archive file: Cannot find central directory."

What did I do wrong?

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140803.txt' file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rtwave
              by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              7 responses