Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Hours bars on NT 8 RC 2 are different than other brokers

Greetings,

I am using Ninja Trader 8 RC 2 and the 8 hours bars are different than 8 hours bars on other brokers. I use the feed data from FXCM on NT 8 and feed data from two aditional brokers on MetaTrader 4 to compare - FxOpen and Vipro/Tickmill . It seem the 8 hours bars on FxOpen and Tickmill are same but on NT 8 they are not.

That cause a lot of trouble for us if we trade custom timeframes because we don't get accurate data . Below a screenshot :

Later edit : it seem on MT4 , the feed data from FXCM is same like the other brokers but on NT8 is different. That's a very big problem especially for those who trade candlesticks patterns :
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slightly; 11-06-2016, 02:21 PM.

Unlike the futures market, FX is a non-centralized. Each broker/feed's data feed is based off of their own mix of liquidity providers further complicated by their decision on how they want to mark up their spread. For these reasons, feeds from one source to another are expected to be different.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Unlike the futures market, FX is a non-centralized. Each broker/feed's data feed is based off of their own mix of liquidity providers further complicated by their decision on how they want to mark up their spread. For these reasons, feeds from one source to another are expected to be different.
      Am I enough clear now ?

NT 8 is using FXCM data feed.
      Mt4 is using FXCM data feed.

Both platforms are using same data feed from same broker and show different candles. Why ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slightly View Post
        Am I enough clear now ?

NT 8 is using FXCM data feed.
        Mt4 is using FXCM data feed.

Both platforms are using same data feed from same broker and show different candles. Why ?
        Good question.The API that FXCM providers for a trading platform to connect to receive market data is poll based. This means that on each different PC connected to FXCM, it will request the latest bid/ask at potential different times. Because of this, PC "A" could have received a high of X where PC "B" may not have received it since it requested an update 500 ms later at which time the rates moved off of that high. FXCM also offers different rates for different customer types. Point is, at FXCM, no two traders are guaranteed to have the same rates based on the reason just outlined.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Rays post is accurate, there is a polling difference between providers and different feeds which could equal a few pip or less difference in charts. Looking at your chart the differences are quite large. I suspect this is related to the trading hours template, by default our Forex session template starts at 5:00 PM EST. I suspect that the other platform your comparing with starts off differently and would account for the difference. If you prefer that you can edit the session template via Control Center > Tools > Trading Hours 'Forex' template to match the trading hours window displayed in the other platform so you get closer to a match. Note: Your looking for ballpark values within pips. They won't be expected to exactly match.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
            Rays post is accurate, there is a polling difference between providers and different feeds which could equal a few pip or less difference in charts. Looking at your chart the differences are quite large. I suspect this is related to the trading hours template, by default our Forex session template starts at 5:00 PM EST. I suspect that the other platform your comparing with starts off differently and would account for the difference. If you prefer that you can edit the session template via Control Center > Tools > Trading Hours 'Forex' template to match the trading hours window displayed in the other platform so you get closer to a match. Note: Your looking for ballpark values within pips. They won't be expected to exactly match.

-Brett
            Thank's both for your answers.

I have followed your advice regarding trading hours template and made a video. Check below:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Thanks for putting that together, looks like your comparing with metatrader. One thing that is different there is that meta trader feed is completely different feed then what NinjaTrader uses. NinjaTrader uses the same feed FXCM's native trading platform uses which is completely different system then metatrader.

Secondly I couldn't quite tell from the video but is the start time and end time of the bars line up? What is the start and end times of the 3 bars in metatrader and the 3 bars in NinjaTrader 8? I suspect this is the difference we need to isolate. There could be a time zone difference coming into play as well.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
              2 responses
              1 like
              Last Post BarzTrading  
              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes