Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any option to completely hide plot from Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any option to completely hide plot from Chart

Is there any method (or in Nt8), which allows me to hide plot from chart (it should be ploted on main chart, but i dont want to see it visually, just want to show in DataBox and for other indicator calls).

transparency is not solution: plot gets even 0 value, and plotting such line (even with transparent) causes chart distortion of scaling.

just want to completely remove from visuallity. any ways?

Hello selnomeria,

Thanks for opening the thread.

The advised solution is to set the Plot color to Transparent and then set the indicator's AutoScale setting to false.

Other approaches like removing the plot and adding exposed variables will not allow the plot to be read from the Data Box.

The AutoScale property can be referenced here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../autoscale.htm

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim, To be frank, this is a "todo" feature in my mind. because, i cant tell clients to set their charts to "not auto-scale" for only my idnicator to work, and thus, mess up their individual user-experience.

i want my indi to do it's work without client's interference.
      I think, DevTeam could easily add some property, like:

PlotName.Visibility = 0;

that will give us ability to hide visually that plot . It could be simple for NT programmers to just hide from Chart GUI with programming.
      Unfortnuately i am not WINDOWS programmer, or could easily offer solution.

Comment

Hello selnomeria,

After some further tests, setting AutoScale = false; and changing the Plot color would not be a viable solution as changing the Plot's color will remove the listed item from the DataBox.

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf for Plot visibility properties where the script author can chose if they want to have the indicator plot to a chart, the data box or both.

Here is the ticket ID: SFT-2608

When it is implemented, you can reference this ticket number in the Release Notes of the version of NinjaTrader 8 that includes this feature.

Release Notes can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 08-17-2017, 11:55 AM.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think the built-in property ShowTransparentPlotsInDatabox= true does the job!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post RookieTrader