Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to setup for eod data for nse and mcx-indian markets

Dear Sir

I am absolutely new to Ninja Trader, had heard a lot about your platform therefore downloaded the same, however i was not able to find any reliable data provider for indian stock markets.

Kindly guide me in formating my ninja platform so as to use nse cash and f&o EOD data and also mcx and ncdex data.

Looking forward for a profitable trading experience with ninja.

Thanks

Hello ranadagger,

You can load historical daily Indian stock data by connecting to the free Yahoo connection. You can find the Yahoo connection guide at the link below.

NinjaTrader does not have any Indian stocks listed by default, so you will need to create custom instruments in the Instrument Manager. Please see the following example as per the UNITECH.NS and create additional Indian stocks in the same way.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager and click the New button next to the Edit button.

Setup the Definition and Misc tabs as the attached screenshots. You only see the Nse exchange enabled, however I have the Default exchange enabled as well.

Click OK once finished and add the newly created instrument to an instrument list.

Subsequently, create a new daily chart and select the UNITECH stock from your instrument list in the Data Series menu.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      NinjaTrader does not have any Indian stocks listed by default, so you will need to create custom instruments in the Instrument Manager. ....
      Hi
      We’re a very proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently added an NSE India version to our unique ‘Easy Load’ equities installer product range, which will automatically, fully configure NinjaTrader for viewing NSE India equities in just a few clicks (see screen shots below), and addresses some of the questions raised in this topic.

For the National Stock Exchange of India (‘Easy Load’ NSE) installer, all stock codes (over 1,500 in total) are automatically installed, fully configured and mapped to provide seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader NSE data feed providers, including:
      · eSignal
      · Interactive Brokers; and
      · Yahoo free EOD NSE data.
      (normally we include Kinetick free/real time data & DTN IQFeed mappings too however at the time of writing this they do not have NSE data unfortunately).

I realise this topic is quite old now, and Jason has provided advice on how to manually update the mappings on each code added, however just wanted to mention this for anyone now looking for a fully automated solution to the queries raised in this forum topic.
      http://www.GlobalTradingTools.com/software/easy-load-ninjatrader/nse-india/

Thanks very much for your time.
      Stuart
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I am providing information for the general public in case other people interested in NinjaTrader are interested in trading some of the markets mentioned in this post. Two data feed providers supported by NinjaTrader, eSignal and Interactive Brokers, can provide data for UNITECH . The symbol map for eSignal is UNITECH.ES and the map for IB TWS is UNITECH.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses