Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to select multiple accounts with multi broker license

Hi guys,

It possible with a multi broker license to select two accounts at the same time, in the chart trader window?

For example. When I press the 'buy market' botton to buy 500K on the EURUSD. Can Ninja then transmit 250K at FXCM and 250K at Interactive Brokers?

Also, do I need to buy a multi brokers license when I just want to use FXCM data and have the orders only excuted at Interactive Brokers?

Thanks,

Sandor

Hello Sandor,

Unfortunately this is not supported. You can only select one account in ChartTrader or other NinjaTrader order entry windows.

However you can use account groups to send orders to multiple accounts. Please see the link below for information and instructions regarding account groups in NinjaTrader.

Be aware that subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually. So unfortunately if the strategy modifies/cancels orders, it will not be a good workaround.

Yes, you require a multi broker license key if you like to connect to both IB and FXCM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, thanks again for the quick reply.

I am not sure what you mean with replicated orders. For example. I will place a bracket order and transmit to an account group. Will this work like it is working now? So that I can move my stop and target by moving that 'line' on the chart?

Orders at FXCM are held at Ninja and orders at IB are held at the platfom of IB. Does this work properly, or is this the problem with the replicated orders?

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot modify or cancel orders using account groups. If you like to modify or cancel an order, you will need to do this for each account individually. So you would open up two ChartTraders - one for each account. Subsequently modify or cancel orders from there.

This limitation applies to accounts groups. It does not matter what broker technology is used.

Comment

Totaly clear.

Last question. Will the 'close' botton work on account groups? And will all the open orders be cancelled after using it?

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately not. You will need to cancel orders or close positions per individual account.

Comment

Jason, would it be possible write code to modify the replicated orders?

Comment

Hello RiversideDude,

Thanks for your post.

Regrettably this would not be possible.
                Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So what is the benefit of using Ninja Trader with multiple brokers?

Comment

Hello RiversideDude,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 cannot pick orders from the accounts and manage them.

You would need a multibroker license to connect with more than one broker.

Comment

I understand that. But once I have the multibroker license, can I write a strategy to the manage those orders? I'm a professional programmer and I've programmed MT4 and Trading station from FXCM. My goal is to have one platform from where I can run my strategy for mutliple brokers.

Thanks!!
                      Last edited by RiversideDude; 12-07-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Can I get an answer to my question?

Thanks!!

Comment

Hello RiversideDude,

Thank you for your patience.

You can have a strategy manage positions and orders, but these must be orders and positions created by the strategy. In addition, the strategy only runs on one account at a time. So you could have multiple strategies running on the connected accounts. Multiple Broker License Keys allow users to connect to and trade to multiple brokerage connections.

This means that you could connect to multiple brokers and have a strategy generate and manage order and positions on an account. You can run multiple strategies, so you can have a strategy or multiple strategies running on each account you are connected to.

For information on running automated strategies in NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...strategies.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

A few more questions:

1. Will I be able to tell the current price of the currency pair from all brokers before executing a trade?
                            2. Do you have training that I can attend to help me with my development?

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hello RiversideDude,

Thanks for your post.

You would be able to see the current price of currency pairs from the brokers you are connected to that supply that data.

NinjaTrader offers free daily training on many aspects of the platform, here is the current schedule: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by knowmad, Yesterday, 03:52 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by ETFVoyageur, Yesterday, 07:05 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes