Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception: Index was out of range

Hi,

Have received the following error message when opening a chart using my default template.

Prior to this error I changed the properties of the right scale to set the horizontal grid lines to be fixes, interval type ticks, value 20. I then saved this as my default template. Now when I open a chart with this template prior to it displaying any date the error is shown. The error continues to be displayed (in new error message boxes so there are 20, then 30 error boxes open etc...). This continues and the chart data doesn't load (and can't change settings on the chart etc...). Had to kill the Ninjatrader process and restart using a different chart template.

Unhandled exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Log and trace files are emailed to the support email address.

Thanks
    Last edited by tdouglas; 07-02-2015, 11:16 AM.

Hello,
    I have tested the template file you have sent on my end and I do receive the same on my end.
    I have been trying to recreate the template with the specifics you have provided but I am unable to,
    Can you provide what other settings you had save to the template and any indicators that you had added?
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

The only indicators were volume and PriorDayOHLC, this could be where the issue is. As per the thread linked below I updated the indicator, I've also attached the indicator. Other than that was just a standard 5 min candle chart.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

By any chance did you have the "Data Box" open?

I get this type of error a lot with the Data Box open...

Originally posted by tdouglas View Post
        Hi,

Have received the following error message when opening a chart using my default template.

Prior to this error I changed the properties of the right scale to set the horizontal grid lines to be fixes, interval type ticks, value 20. I then saved this as my default template. Now when I open a chart with this template prior to it displaying any date the error is shown. The error continues to be displayed (in new error message boxes so there are 20, then 30 error boxes open etc...). This continues and the chart data doesn't load (and can't change settings on the chart etc...). Had to kill the Ninjatrader process and restart using a different chart template.

Unhandled exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Log and trace files are emailed to the support email address.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,
          I have recreated the template with the specifications you have provided but still am unable to reproduce this,
          Would you be able to send your UI.xml so we can view the default properties set for your charts?
          You will find the UI.xml file under (My) Documents> NinjaTrader 8 Folder.
          Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

UI emailed.

Regards,
            Tim

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            4 responses