indicator refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator refresh

I have a chart with several indicators on it. It seems that all indicators on the chart are refreshing after I change a parameter in one of them. Some of the indicators take a few seconds to refresh and it's very unsatisfactory to have your chart freeze for 6 or 7 seconds after changing the period of an EMA indi that would refresh in less than a second. A freezing chart with a position on is not enjoyable. Is there a way to prevent all the indis on a chart from refreshing and only refresh the indi that just had a parameter change?

Thanks

Hello dtl-saw,

That is correct, clicking OK will refresh all indicators on the chart so that these may recalculate its values with historical data using the new parameters.

There is not a way to change the parameters and prevent all scripts from recalculating.

I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to allow scripts to be reloaded one at at time. Once I have a tracking ID for this request, I will forward this to you for future reference.
    It is up to our Development department to decide if and when a feature request will be implemented.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Curious, are you running indicators with Tick Replay enabled? I can add 30+ indicators to a chart and it takes but a split second for it to be applied.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh, that's too bad.
        Please submit the feature request.
        Thanks Chelsea.

Comment

Yes, tick replay is enabled and I have secondary data series loading as well.
          If all I want to do is to turn off the visibility of an indi, I shouldn't have to wait for all indi's to recalc.
          This behavior is prohibiting me from loading all my stuff on one chart and enabling or disabling analysis that is relevant at the time.

Comment

Hello dtl-saw,

I have an update from our development. Your feature request to 'allow users to change indicator parameters without reloading the script' is being tracked with ID #SFT-1385.

We highly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Please let me know of any other suggestions or requests you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello dtl-saw,

I have an update from our development. Your feature request to 'allow users to change indicator parameters without reloading the script' is being tracked with ID #SFT-1385.

We highly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Please let me know of any other suggestions or requests you may have.
              Thanks Chelsea,
              Can you provide the forum name for feature requests or were I can find #SFT-1385 so I can comment or vote for it?
              Thanks

Comment

Hello dtl-saw,

These are tracked internally by our development department. If another user makes the same suggestion we are able to forward this to our development and add vote, however, these are not publicly tracked.

The request ID is provided so that if you would like to check on the implementation at a later time, you can do so with the ID instead of a description.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes