Unable to connect to remote server error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to remote server error

Continuum data feed to Ninjatrader/Dorman sim account. I have tried resetting the modem and still won't connect. Anyone else? How do I go about trying to get this resolved.

Thanks

Jason

Hello jwisniewski,
    Thanks for your post.
    We have seem multiple users report lost connections however we are able to connect to these same accounts on our end without error. This indicates a ISP issues connecting from your system to the server. Once this has been resolved on the ISP end you can restart NinjaTrader and reconnect.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Forgive my ignorance as I don't quite understand. So my ISP is Cox Internet. What is it that they are doing that is causing this or that they have to do to correct the problem

Comment

Hello jwisniewski,
        You can contact your ISP and have them look into the connection from your system to 208.48.16.200
        This will allow them to have the information to look into what is occurring on their end that is preventing the connection. I could not say what is occurring on their end.

Comment

Well Cox support seemed pretty useless. I gave them the URL and the phone support didn't know what to do with it. Does this seem to still be an issue for some people today? I am still getting the same error message and can't connect.

Comment

Jason -- have the same problem. Reported to Cox and they are not much help. Ninja says it is Cox's problem and vise versa. Frustrating.

Comment

I'm also on COX, had the same problem but now seems to be working.

Comment

Hello,
                Thanks for your replies.
                I would suggest having your ISP look into a tracert to 208.48.16.200
                I have completed this test for other users and it shows time outs to servers and a Destination Host Unreachable message. This should allow your ISP to see where the cause is and look into further on their end.
                I have tested multiple accounts on my end which are being reported to nor connect and I can connect here without error.
                I understand it can be frustrating dealing with ISPs as they often will just say you can get online, everything is good. However, this information should allow them to see the issue.

Comment

Thanks!!!! Finally working again. Appreciate your letting us know!

Comment

Backbone

Cox has reported to me that there is a backbone down in California affecting this.

Comment

Well, I don't know what changed out by me but I was getting ready to call it quits and now suddenly everything is back to normal. I did check the Cox outage page and it looked like they had widespread issues in many major cities so maybe some sort of relay issue thru one of those areas...just a guess as I have little tech knowledge. Hope it resolved on your end as well...

Comment

just posted and saw the other replies....thanks for the updates

Comment

Received login failure: Unable to connect to server message
                          Usually connect with Ninjatrader/Continuum.
                          Called ISP Spectrum. Gave them 208.48.16.200.
                          After they did their thing they suggested I notify my computer's manufacturer.
                          Last edited by steveg; 03-18-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Login failed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

I have been trying to get my Ninja up and running today too. I keep getting this error message:

"Login failed: Unable to connect to the remote server."

I have tried to connect on two different ISP's today. Neither worked. Therefore, I am having a hard time believing it is an issue on my end; especially with many other people reporting the same issue today too.

Any updates or insight from NinjaTrader would be appreciated.

Will

I am using AMP Live (CQG Data) for my connection and still on Ninja 7.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmer01 View Post
                              Therefore, I am having a hard time believing it is an issue on my end; especially with many other people reporting the same issue today too.
                              When reporting this condition on a Saturday or Sunday, step back, take a deep breath, and realize (chances are) they're doing some kind of server maintenance.

After all, weekends are the only time they can do such things.

Thankfully, a few hours is (usually) all they need.

[FWIW, I just connected to Continuum, and it was successful.]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielSanMartin