To open the FX Board window, select the New menu from the NinjaTrader Control Center. Then left mouse click on the menu item FX Board.
The FX Board is divided into two sections:
1. Market Data Display
2. Order Grid Display (optional)
Please see the sections below for more information on: Market Display and Order Grid
Note: Positions and orders will only display for the selected Account and Instruments.
The Market Display panel shows the inside bid and ask along with current position information. Each tile will have two panels, representing the bid and ask price, where each respective panel will flash to represent when a tick has been received and the direction of the tick.
Market Display Definitions
1. The current spread between the best bid and best ask (the image below is showing a spread of 2.5 pips)
2. Position information
3. The handle of the current bid (current ask is on the right side of the spread)
4. The current bid
5. Sub pip value
6. The direction of the current tick (blue panel for an up tick, red panel for down tick)
7. The direction of the last tick received (blue arrow for an up tick, red arrow for down tick)
8. Current day high/low values
Instrument tiles also give you the ability to quickly place orders, or can be "flipped" to place custom orders. Please see the section on Submitting Orders for more information.
Order Grid Display
The Order Grid displays active orders for the account and instrument tiles selected in the FX Board window.
Orders that are submitted to the same instrument will be grouped together in the Order Grid and displayed in an aggregated view to consolidate these orders together.
2. Orders that are not part of an ATM Strategy will be aggregated under the row heading name "Unmanaged Orders" indicating that there is no ATM Strategy associated with that particular order
Tip: You can collapse orders under an instrument header by selecting the down arrow next to the instrument name.
The FX Board window has two right click menus, depending on where you click:
•Right clicking on the FX Board window itself will bring up menu items specific to the FX Board
•Right clicking in the Order Grid will bring up menu items specific to orders
FX Board Control Right Click Menu
Right clicking on the FX Board window itself will bring up a number of menu items specific to the FX Board
Order Grid Control Right Click Menu
Right clicking in an empty grid will bring up a number of general menu items specific to the Order Grid
By moving your mouse cursor over an order and pressing down on your right mouse button, you will see a context menu listing all individual orders consolidated at the corresponding price and any relevant actions that you can perform on those orders.