The Order Ticket window is used to quickly define and submit custom orders. This interface does not display any type of position or trade management features. For those purposes, you would want to consider one of the other order management features: Basic Entry, Chart Trader, FX Pro, FX Board, or SuperDOM.
How to Select an Instrument
There are multiple ways to select an Instrument in the Order Ticket window.
For more Information on instrument selection and management please see Instruments section of the Help Guide.
How to Select an Account
A list of all connected accounts will be listed in the Account Selector. To change the account select the account you wish to trade through via this drop down list.
To Submit an Order
1. Set the order Quantity field (info)
2. Select the order Type
3. Set the TIF (Time in Force) field (info)
4. Set the Limit price if applicable
5. Set the Stop price if applicable
6. Left mouse click either the BUY or SELL button
1. You can quickly retrieve the current last, bid, or ask price in the Limit and Stop price fields using the following commands:
2. Hold down the CTRL key when increasing/decreasing limit/stop prices to change the price in steps of 10 tick increments.
Close Tab on Order Submission
The Order Ticket window can optionally be configured to automatically close the current tab or window after the order has been submitted. This was designed to help discard unwanted Order Ticket displays when trading multiple instruments.
To enable this functionality:
OCO Orders (One Cancels Other)
The Order Ticket window allows you to specify a custom user defined OCO ID using any combination of numbers and letters in the OCO field.
The image below shows the Order Ticket window configured a pending order in which we've input an OCO ID of "OCO1".
In the example above, any additional orders placed with the OCO ID set to "OCO1" will be tied together in an order group as long as these orders are active. If one order in the group is either filled, cancelled or rejected, all orders in the group with the same OCO id will be cancelled.