• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Wavy Tunnel Indicators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wavy Tunnel Indicators

I'm not familiar with the NT C++ language and I'd appreciate some help. I'm trying to create a bundle of indicators that use the indicators that are already built into NT, but have specific parameters. Is there an easy way to change parameters in these indicators or can someone code and bundle them for me? Thanks.

There are the indicators.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Wavy Tunnel Plus Parameters.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	904615
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Semaphores.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	904616
    Last edited by StockJock; 01-16-2016, 04:30 PM.

Hey Stock John,

There is an easy way to change the parameters on the built in indicators that come with NT.

Starting at the Control Panel window: Left click 'Tools', left click 'Edit NinjaScript', then left click 'Indicators'.

This will open a box with all of the built in indicators. Scroll through the list and find the one you want, left click on it then left click 'Open'

In order to make a change to it, you will have to first change the name of the indicator. Simply right click anywhere in an open area of the indicator, this will open a dialog box, select 'Save As', then rename the indicator as anything you like. (You cannot edit the preprogrammed indicator itself so you have to first change its name.)

After you have changed the name...Look near the top and you will see "Variables". Now, look on the far left side on the same line as "Varibles' and you will see a 'plus' (+) sign next to the number. Click on the 'plus' sign and it will open the Variables. This is where you will make the changes to any parameters. Most likely you will make the change on a line that is a private int.

After making your changes, you will have to Compile. You can either right click in an open area, scroll down and find "Compile'...or simple hit F5 on your keyboard.

I highly suggest that you go slow, compile often and document the changes you have made in case you run into a problem.

Good Luck,

phoenix
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-16-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hello StockJock,
      Phoenix's reply is correct in his instructions on how you can make changes to these indicators.
      If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
      A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
      Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples:http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=30
      Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3229

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom strategies, indicators, and addons that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=37

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, we do have partners through our partner affiliate that may be able to create this for you. Please let me know if you would like to get in touch with one of them.
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mestril, Yesterday, 10:22 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by hir04068, Yesterday, 09:29 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes